verdigris?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by 1793 large cent, Jun 17, 2010.

1. hi guys what do you think i should do with this verdigris?

!BvT8TfQEGk~$(KGrHqR,!jQEv1+0CB9vBME!9)22f!~~0_35.jpg

!BvT8TZQ!2k~$(KGrHqMOKikEvOnbKY1gBME!9)kYk!~~0_35.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I don't think there's much you're going to be able to do to help that coin. Some of the ancient collectors might have some ideas.

4. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Leave it alone. The verdigris is heavy and if you remove it there will be pits left behind.

If you really like the coin and want to halt the verdigris, rinse well with acetone to dehydrate the verdigris and put the coin into an air tite holder.

5. do you think verdigone would hurt it?

6. Captainkirk

Captainkirk 73 Buick Riviera owner

I tried verdi-gone on some Indian cents that were pretty bad, not as bad as yours, It helped a little, but it doesn't damage at all, it's very safe, IMO.

7. thanks ill try it

8. BadThad

Please order VERDI-CARE™ and not VERDI-GONE™. It's my newest product and vastly superior to VERDI-GONE™. Additionally, it will neutralize any verdigris remaining after conservation and protect the coin from future corrosion.

9. ok how do i apply it?like do i have to do it right away?how long could a coin last with it on it?

10. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

The man who invented and makes the stuff tells you flat out not to bother using the product and still you persist ?

I'm apologize if my question offends you, but I mean, why would you even consider the idea after that ?

11. BadThad

Draft saved Draft deleted