Featured Verdigris....Make your own solution to eliminate this ugly corrosion

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Greg Clark, Nov 9, 2016.

?

Was this helpful?

1. Yes, very much

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Yes, somewhat

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Not really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not at all

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Okay I won't make it worse

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

That was over two years ago, friend; but thank you. :)

4. barsenault

barsenault New Member

I was told to use 5g SS and 95ml distilled water solution to remove Verdigris from bronze. Is this correct? After the 14 days of soaking (2 times), I’m sure you rinse with distilled water? And then pat dry? Thoughts?

5. barsenault

barsenault New Member

Well, here I go. I hope this works. I have the 5g and 100ml of water in a glass container with a cover. Hopefully it gets rid of that gawd awful green turd !

6. barsenault

barsenault New Member

Happy to report its working. It’s amazing what verdigris can do to a metal like bronze. It literally is eating away the surface. Ouch. I’m afraid it will get UNC details. Oh well. I tried. I’ll take pictures. I’m going to soak for another week and then a week in just distilled water...and do before and after pictures

Stevearino likes this.
  7. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I was looking at a Beautiful Fugio in a no problem PCGS holder which looked great - until I saw that bit o green on the dial of the obverse. I wonder if it came after it got encapsulated.

8. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Found this thread researching verdigris removal. Some of you are still around. Wanting to know if any of you actually tried this and what was thew results if so.

Seems impossible to buy verdicare anywhere and Badthad hasn't been around for a long time, so curious if any of you regulars actually tried this.

Stevearino likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted