Verdicare never in stock... Replace with Classic Coin or MS70?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Aurelianus, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Aurelianus

Aurelianus Member

Hi all,

I know there are already a million threads on Verdicare and how it's never in stock...

For a couple of Roman bronzes I was thinking about picking up some Classic Coin Conditioner (Harco Blue Ribbon replacement) or MS70?

Any thoughts on these as substitutes for Verdicare? Many thanks!

serafino and Inspector43 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

...don't be fooled by imitations!....if you want some verdi-care..i'm sure @BadThad would fix ya up with some...:)...

serafino, Aurelianus and Alegandron like this.
  4. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

I am not sure why but it is a chronic issue that Verdi-Care is out-of-stock on third-party sites. Reach out to Bad Thad like Ominus1 says. While you work out a deal with him perhaps you can try and find out why there are these perpetual supply issues on third-party sites.

Aurelianus likes this.
  5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I seem to remember him saying that he stopped making it.

Aurelianus likes this.
  6. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

Ah shucks, I was going to order a 55 Gal. barrel :(

furryfrog02 likes this.
  7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I've never used it myself. I always meant to buy some but I don't have enough coins that I need to use it on. I've heard it does a great job though.

8. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

edit

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Almost all of previous metal cleaning chemicals used in industry as well as home use were freon based and were highly restricted due to ozone damage in the atmosphere. I remember in the 70s buying 30 lb tanks of R-12 and R-22 on the open market with no problem,and today one must have a certificate from college or vocational school to buy it with proof and identification and it has gone very high. R-113 was used in many coin cleaners that have disappeared or are heavily hoarded for personal use. That is why many coin cleaners have bitten the dust, cost and regulations. IMO, Jim

Aurelianus, serafino and furryfrog02 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted