Vegas acquisitions

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by GDJMSP, Mar 7, 2005.

1. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

What I was questioning was Louis XVII - there never was a Louis XVII other than in a purely technical sense because he was still alive after his father was executed. But the boy was certainly never crowned king. He died at the age of 10 still in captivity.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

GDJMSP,to a true Royalist such as myself,King Louis XVII succeeded his father the moment the axe fell on King Louis XVI.The same situation applies to King Charles II,who became King of England,Scotland & Ireland the moment the axe fell on King Charles I in January 1649.Unlike King Louis XVII,King Charles II reigned until his death in 1685.

Aidan.

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I must say Aidan, you have your own unique way of interpreting many things. You have your own names for coins and types of coins that no one else I have ever heard of uses. And now you crown kings that never existed.

Oh well - to each his own.

5. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Well,don't forget that after King James II was deposed,he still issued his own coins - the famous Gun Money coins from Ireland.King James II still regarded himself as King until his death in 1701,
    shortly before the the death of his son-in-law & rival,King William III.

Draft saved Draft deleted