Vcoins Dealer Review

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Aethelred, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Aethelred

Aethelred The Old Dead King

Since there has been a lot of mention of bad experiences with Vcoins dealers here of late, I wanted to post feedback on an order that I received today.

Dealer: Victor's Imperial Coins

Website: https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/victors_imperial_coins-208/ancient-coins/Default.aspx?#!/Home

On Sunday afternoon I placed an order with Victor, he packed my coins right away and mailed them early Monday morning. The coins were packed very well in a Safe-T-Mailer that was placed inside a bubble mailer. The package also included an invoice with a hand written note on it.

The coins that I ordered were Antoninianii of Vabalathus and Carinus (pictured below). In my opinion both coins are nicer in hand than the sellers pictures would suggest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would rate this as a very satisfying purchase experience and I will certainly buy from this dealer again.

Disclosure: I do not have any personal or monetary interest in this dealer or his business. He has not asked me to post this review and did not know in advance that I would be posting it. I have purchased coins from this dealer twice in the past and those experiences mirror this one.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

I have dealt with many vcoins dealers.

I probably have 100+ good vcoins experiences over many years and 1 bad one which was resolved eventually.

One of the safe, online ways to get ancient coins in my opinion.

John

Deacon Ray, GerardV, Okidoki and 5 others like this.
  4. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

Same here, I have had many good experiences on VCoins. Only one bad one which was finally resolved. Funny thing is, the seller is no longer on VCoins. Not sure if he got kicked or he just stopped selling with them.

Deacon Ray likes this.
  5. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I've bought from Victor a few times, had great service each time.

Svarog and Alegandron like this.
  6. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Lovely looking coins and glad you had a good experience!

7. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Two nice looking coins from a fine dealer deserves two thums up
    Two Thumbs Up.jpe

GerardV, Okidoki and Aethelred like this.
  8. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Nice coins. Always good to here positive experiences too

9. gsimonel

gsimonel Well-Known Member

I have bought several coins from Victor and have always been happy with his conscientious service.

Svarog likes this.
  10. ROQ

ROQ New Member

Hello,

Anyone SELL through Vcoins???? I was thinking of starting.

there only known for ancients??

11. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

They sell U.S., World, Dark Ag..I mean Medieval:troll:

Sorry @FitzNigel

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  12. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

:banghead::dead:

It's all good. @Ken Dorney sells on vcoins. I have no experience selling, but I think I looked not it once and it seemed rather pricey (but I'm just a collected, not a dealer/seller so I don't really know).

13. Gavin Richardson

Gavin Richardson Well-Known Member

I have a couple of coins from Victor--ebay and VCoins. All positive experiences.

Curtisimo likes this.
  14. Gavin Richardson

Gavin Richardson Well-Known Member

EDIT: I can't figure out how to delete a duplicate post, so let me just post a pic of one of the coins I got from Victor. If you collect Constantine, you will want to bookmark his sites, commercial and educational.

CON 1 MARS 1.jpg

Curtisimo, Bing, Alegandron and 2 others like this.
  15. Okidoki

Okidoki Well-Known Member

100% satisfied with Vcoins and his dealers

16. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Be aware that you have to pay a subscription in order to have the privilege to sell there, as well as having to be approved.

17. Caesar_Augustus

Caesar_Augustus Well-Known Member

I've had some very pleasant email exchanges with Victor. I haven't bought a coin from him yet, but I am eagerly awaiting the day I do. He is a very nice, professional and knowledgeable person. It was a pleasure writing to him.

GerardV and Gavin Richardson like this.
  18. mark sands

mark sands New Member

I have been purchasing coins on Vcoins for years and I have never had a bad experience. As collectors, we are very lucky to have this very reliable source for our hobby. As for Victor, I have purchased several coins from him and have always been very satisfied. Thanks Vcoins.

red_spork and Theodosius like this.
  19. Victor_Clark

Victor_Clark all my best friends are dead Romans Dealer

Thank you everyone for the kind words

GerardV likes this.
  20. jamesicus

jamesicus Well-Known Member

Victor is my dealer of choice -- The coins he offers are always meticulously researched and precisely attributed. They are always shipped promptly -- amazingly fast delivery. Not only that, Victor is a really nice person always willing to help new collectors.

GerardV, randygeki and Jwt708 like this.
  21. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I have never purchased from @Victor_Clark but would not hesitate to do so. I have had a few interactions with him here on the forums and they've always been positive. He's helped me correct and explained some finer points of attribution.

Draft saved Draft deleted