Value on 2 star notes

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Nathan Stokes, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Nathan Stokes

Nathan Stokes New Member

Hello, so being honest I'm a lot more of a coin collector than currency collector, so don't really know how to judge values on "collectible" bills/star notes.

Anyways, I went to the atm a few days ago and ended up getting back two 2017 $20 star notes that are in pretty nice shape. Looking around i found the star note lookup, and it looks like they're moderately rare (a run or 320,000), and can't remember what it was called but they also seemed to do well on the "fancy" tool i saw.

If anyone has any input as to if they're worth anything (or if i should just use them to pay for dinner lol), it would be greatly appreciated. 20200708_094053.jpg 20200708_094114.jpg

SteveInTampa likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Welcome to CT @Nathan Stokes. Nice circulation finds. I’m guessing if you sold them on eBay you could easily get $40 each or more. Newer star notes do well on eBay and especially when they’re from a low print run.

4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT Nathan. Nice find. I think I would have pumped that ATM to see if I could milk out more. LOL

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Sell them as a set since the serial numbers are sequential. Very nice and very crisp looking. The Serial numbers are low but not low enough to generate any real interest. Great find for an ATM.

Welcome to CT.

6. Nathan Stokes

Nathan Stokes New Member

Hey everyone thanks for the welcome. I actually got out more than that (the rest were 2 different regular sequential sets), but those two were in the middle. I they just jumped out a bit being star notes with fairly low numbers so figured id look into them.

As i mentioned, I'm more accustomed to coin collecting, are there any particularly good paper currency references out there? Or is paper currency (in many cases) too subjective for broad guidelines?

Thanks!

7. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Great condition ! but not keepers, there's nothing special enough to warrant
    a premium.

Draft saved Draft deleted