Value of Sequential bills?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by jterry85, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Joshua Carle

Joshua Carle New Member

I just got 20 consecutive $20 bills out of atm
    One row of ten starts at ML94644015M and ends in ML94644024M and the second set of 10 starts in ML94645116M and ends with ML94645125M. are they worth more than face value

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Joshua Carle

Joshua Carle New Member

I just got 20 consecutive $20 bills out of atm
    One row of ten starts at ML94644015M and ends in ML94644024M and the second set of 10 starts in ML94645116M and ends with ML94645125M. are they worth more than face value

4. bugi1976

bugi1976 Member

5. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Each one is worth face value. They would attain a premium only if you held onto them for a long time. Consecutive notes from the 1960s/1970s are very desirable, for example. Consecutive notes from the 2000s onward- not so much (unless they are star notes, errors, or have low/special serial numbers).
    Notes are delivered to banks in packs of sequential bills- so, as many other people will tell you, they're not rare at all.

6. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

With standard inflation rates, it's going to be difficult to outpace inflation by holding onto FRNs.

I wonder how long you have to hold onto a note before the numismatic value catches up

7. cashhound

cashhound Well-Known Member

Worth anything? Series 1950c

sequential.jpg

NOS and bugi1976 like this.
  8. hotwheelsearl

I feel like you'd need at least 5 in a row to be worth any reasonable premium.

9. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Of course. Some nice lower numbers, too. Unfortunately, there are so few listed that it’s difficult to approximate a value- definitely quite a bit more than face.

cashhound likes this.
  10. rte

rte Well-Known Member

The local wells fargo ATM was generous today.
    $700 in mostly consecutively numbered 20200424_174117.jpg $50 STAR NOTES :greedy:
    I thought Whoa, seriously I did get a dryer sheet stuck to my shirt getting ready for work today and was going to pick up a lottery ticket.
    I figured I'd make a second run at the ATM to double dip and sure enough another $700 in STAR NOTES:D
    These have a few gaps and not as many consecutively numbered bills.
    Theses worth any premium??

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  11. hotwheelsearl

Would likely depend on if it’s a rarer serial range.

12. Javier Preza

Javier Preza New Member

What about a real CIRCULATED $100 Dollar bill with a sequence serial number?

13. Javier Preza

Javier Preza New Member

What about a real CIRCULATED $100 Dollar bill with a sequence serial number?

14. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Yep, face value of $100

15. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

Nothing to valuable unless they are older

16. Joeda4th

Joeda4th New Member

I have 3 $1 F E that are sequentially numbered, 7 more that are also sequentially numbered that are also F E and all of them have the same first 4 numbers, 6527. I also have 4 $10 bills that are P F and A that are sequentially numbered. All of them are from 2017. Any thoughts on their values, or should I just spend it?

17. Joeda4th

Joeda4th New Member

I have 3 $1 F E that are sequentially numbered, 7 more that are also sequentially numbered that are also F E and all of them have the same first 4 numbers, 6527. I also have 4 $10 bills that are P F and A that are sequentially numbered. All of them are from 2017. Any thoughts on their values, or should I just spend it?

18. Joeda4th

Joeda4th New Member

I have 3 $1 F E that are sequentially numbered, 7 more that are also sequentially numbered that are also F E and all of them have the same first 4 numbers, 6527. I also have 4 $10 bills that are P F and A that are sequentially numbered. All of them are from 2017. Any thoughts on their values, or should I just spend it? Separately, I have a few pennies that are silver, all different dates and whatnot. I've had them for over 30 years. Any thoughts on their value? Thanks

19. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Silver pennies ? You probably have some steel pennies.
    Any $10 note starting with a “P” is a series 2017A.
    Consecutive doesn’t necessarily add value. That’s normal. That’s how they’re distributed when new.

20. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Boy, this thread went to to_hell_in_a_handbasket.jpg

No one knows how to start a new thread?

21. Rian Arnson

Rian Arnson New Member

I have a E 00303332 *

NOS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted