Value of 1986 Gold Set?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by jwitten, Jul 23, 2015.

1. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I am trying to estimate the value of a 1986 Gold Eagle set (4 coins) in a capital holder. I see one for sell on ebay with a buy it now, but that means it is worth less than that since it has not sold. I have a customer wanting to trade that plus a few more coins for one coin I have. I would be selling on ebay (unless I can find a buyer here?), so would lose some in fees. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

There are a lot of collectors who haven't come to the realization that the concept of "profit" and "numismatics" don't often mix too well. It is either a deal you can accept or not.

Chris

swamp yankee and furham like this.
  4. jwitten

Huh? They go together very well if you take your time, buy carefully, and sell carefully (like I am trying to do). I am trying to find the value to determine if I want to accept the deal or not. I will make a profit easily, since I only have about $300 in the coin I will trade.

swamp yankee likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

Whether you are capable or not is not the issue. What about everyone else?

Chris

swamp yankee likes this.
  6. jwitten

Last I checked, I was the one with the option for this trade, and I am the one who asked the question, so I would say this IS the issue, not other people. Not sure where your rambles are coming from?

swamp yankee likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

In that case, your question makes perfect sense.:wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky:

Chris

8. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Have you looked at sold items on eBay?

9. jwitten

I see 2 of them sold... one was buy it now or best offer.. not sure what offer price was. One sold lower than I would hope.. just a little over $2,000.

10. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

Dealer indications are $2402.41 this morning. If I was buying it, I would be around $2000.00 to $2100.00

swamp yankee and jwitten like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted