Value of 1970 S

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by 5dollarEdunote, Mar 21, 2011.

1. 5dollarEdunote

5dollarEdunote Coin Connoisseur

Hello Collectors,

I recently stumbled upon the most amazing toner I have ever seen. It is a PF 67 RB 1970 S Large Date.

I cannot find the value for this coin in RB on PGCS, only in RD and it's going for $1200. They are probably around the same price, but the two designations can mean a lot of money. I am asking this because I will never buy a toner without knowing the original price.

Here is the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370494751542&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:US:1123

Thank You!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

Honestly the toning is really cool... but those carbon spots are a huge turn off for me. I wouldn't spend big money on that coin.

4. robec

robec Junior Member

I think you are looking at MS pricing. I'll guarantee you PR67RB isn't going for anything close to $1200. This type toning on Proof 1970-S Lincolns is quite common.

A 67RD proof in the PCGS guide is $25-$35. Probably a little premium because of the toning......minus a little because of the carbon spots.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I remember lolly pops (sixties) that used to look like that.

If you decide to pull the trigger on this one do it because you like and love the coin and the toning. Don't do it because you feel that down the road this coin is gonna sell for a whole lotta jing. 5 days left on it.....don't pay crazy, stupid money for this one.

6. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

PF67 red money is a whopping $25 in PCGS's price guide... it's already more then double that...

7. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

I just sold two NGC PF66 on ebay just like that one. The first one sold for $87 and the second for $52. I'm about ready to sell a third one that's NGC PF67 but not as nicely toned as the first two. Hope that helps you.

8. BadThad

9. 5dollarEdunote

I was looking at the completely wrong part of the price guide, so no, a 67 in
    RD is not $1200.

Thanks so far guys.

10. 5dollarEdunote

Dang Bad Thad...I didn't know there were others on Ebay.

Do you know of any others for sale right now?

11. BadThad

I have one I'm about to sell. It's a 67 but not quite as "rainbowized" as the 66's I sold. It's still a cool looking coin though. PM me if you're interested.

Draft saved Draft deleted