Value help please. 1873 Straits Settlements 10 Cents. Hammer time

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by crazylegs, Feb 22, 2017.

1. crazylegs

crazylegs New Member

Expert? Non-expert? Familiar with grading Asian coins? Can you pick out Malaysia on a map? Yes? No? Does not matter. ALL opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

The pic is a scan at 2400dpi resolution. I am not good at scanning and made no attempt alter/adjust/retouch the pic. I just took what i got from my scanner with its auto settings doing their thing.

In hand, under natural light, the coin does have some nice shine to it. The coin is silver with the percentage of silver somewhere between .60-.80%. I think.

Hey... feel like sharing your opinion on what YOU would value (i.e. buy it for with YOUR money)the coin at? Fire away; I'd like to hear it. No need to sugarcoat things either because I need realistic, real world answers. I can handle the truth ;-)
    1873_Straits_Settlements_10_Cents_2by2_obv.jpg 1873_Straits_Settlements_10_Cents_2by2_rev.jpg 1873_Straits_Settlements_10_Cents_2by2_rev2.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

This piece might go a split grade, obv G-6, rev G-4. Also the retail would be in the $20-25 range, based on $55 in fine six years ago.

4. crazylegs

crazylegs New Member

Awesome. thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted