Value added? PCGS Grade representative images

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by DemoDan, Dec 2, 2021.

1. DemoDan

DemoDan New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

You can reference their webpage and your cert#. I don't know whether it will get you anything extra. Their image of course is copyright-protected.

4. charley

charley Well-Known Member

No. The variables...it may be considered deficient. "Burnished".
    The yellowest and best looking to you, may not be pretty yellow to someone else.

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If you don’t try it’s an automatic no.

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Sorry, but I don't think so as it had its 15 minutes of fame the day it was posted, but nice coin and good luck.

7. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Well, no….. I know your intentions are genuine, but here’s the deal. This hobby has become polluted with misrepresented coins. It is currently a huge cancer in our hobby and honest buyers are very keen to the problem. The first impression that any potential buyer would have is one of deception and misdirection. You would not be helping your cause at all. If you want to use that image as a personal reference, no harm. No foul. But absolutely do not use that image connecting your coin to it in any way to anyone other than yourself.

8. DemoDan

DemoDan New Member

Thank you for the replies so far! I understand there are so many pitfalls with deficient coins and deceptive sellers, of course, buyer beware always!

PCGS has about 10% or two-dozen coins that they've deemed representative of the grade to use as an example on their site. This is one of those representative coins and I want to point it out to help generate an interest to increase the investment value.

Next I want to find the folks that are keen on toning and see if many agree that it's more yellowy. There are people who might not agree on it's color and beauty but there are also people out there that seeks these qualities for their collections. Is being more yellow (subjectively) a plus or minus to a burnished gold coin?
    I did not link my particular coin but I'd welcome a guess from those that have an eye for these things to which one it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted