V75 silver eagle good luck insane prices

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by potty dollar 1878, Oct 21, 2020.

1. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

all good, I started with the 2020W proof as a comparison. I mean, Maybe this V75 proof eagle in PR70 gets to $225-$250. it's just insane that people are buying them on presale for $1200-$1500 imho and gonna regret it before they get it even.

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

75,000 mintage is low for this to be honest. It is it’s own thing. I just think a lot more than 75k will want one of these and you’re going to be competing with all the tv flippers trying to get their hands on a thousand or more. I don’t think it’s worth over 1k by any means, not even a PF70 because most will be but it could hold 2 to 300 range Id imagine. The mintage is low enough vs the demand.

4. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Price is up. $83 for this. Silver dropped to 23.55 today.

5. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Because the end of the election is coming up and things get weird lol.gold droped by $20-$30 also.

6. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

It's not the election really. the Senate went on break for the next two weeks without passing any covid relief for anyone giving up on pretending they were ever gonna agree on something to pass.

Stock market is moving around also in response. All indexes dropped 3.5% today. There's no extra unemployment, no stimulus, no money for businesses to get over the hump and hard decisions have to be made on how people need to react. Its more of a pause to not tie up cash in markets or commodities and see how things respond to relief not coming any time soon as the bills are all past due for a lot of people.
    Gold and silver price went down mostly based on a demand pause.

7. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

As usual you speak the truth, @baseball21 .

8. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

A long time ago, my father told me that businesses will increase their price as wholesale goes up, yet when wholesale goes down, they do not reduce their sale prices. The same is true with the Mint. Gold and Silver went up, yet now that Gold and Silver is dropping, do they reduce their prices?

9. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

The mint has a chart for gold coins that is often sited in Coin World articles. If spot gold is 1850-1899... "X" coin will be $XXXX If 1900-1950 an oz, it will be slightly higher. All the gold offered this year is on the chart. Now if gold plummeted say hundreds of dollars, I don't know what they would do and often wonder. I doubt they would sell everything on schedule at a loss. If you'll notice the gold coin prices still aren't listed.

I think the silver is purchased in greater quantity at a set amount with less margins and so there's probably a minimum with no maximum price increase. I could be wrong.

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

This is true to a point. When Wholesale prices rise retail tprices rise with them in lockstep, when the wholesale prices drop retail prices don't immediately drop, but if th wholesale prices stay low the retail prices eventually drift back down. This is true in the coin market as well.

Once they drop enough, yes the mint price will drop as well.

11. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

Similar to fuel prices, up like a rocket, down like a feather.

12. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I can't believe it. Some of you understand microeconomics. It took me years before I actually understood what my father told me. Thank you for sharing your insight. Great info. Don't like it... but great info.

13. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad. I read this entire thread and there are a lot of confused souls posting on it. Mostly confused by their own prejudices.

14. Zippyd336

Zippyd336 New Member

I was able to pick one up from the mint and it only took a hour and a half of clicking and getting temporary banned SMH!!!!

15. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

You did better than me. My silver was in my shopping bag for an hour and 40 minutes before I got informed it was no longer available.

16. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

i got one , it took a hour of being locked out and website not working oh and looking a bicycles and street lights and boats but finally the order went through . Hopefully they do not run my card 10 times since thats the screen that kept booting me.

17. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

For the stupid shmucks who do this stuff.......get a real job.

18. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

Which stupid schmucks . . . who do what stuff?

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Dare I say slackers who only 'wake' after 10 AM?i

20. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Well-Known Member

I think long term the V75 will hold it value well above mint prices. I am honestly tempted to sell mine quickly and buy something really cool. That said I think they will likely hold at least double issue price the point to remember is these have an appeal beyond coin collectors

21. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Well-Known Member

Thats sniffing glue prices . . .

Talk about milking something that isnt there , like a low mintage

Draft saved Draft deleted