V75 silver eagle good luck insane prices

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by potty dollar 1878, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Now this is why I prefer business strike coins- preferably unslabbed and cheap ;)

LA_Geezer likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

So, what is the winning strategy to buy one? Phone or online? Start exactly ontime, or be a little early, or be a little late?

4. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Be online and logged in when they go on sale, then hope for the best. These will sell out very fast.

Wizank likes this.
  5. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

What is the release date?

I'd like to add, how could NGC grade these ASEs since they have not been released as of today?

6. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

The only people that will pay the scalper's price, are those that have money to throw around or a credit card with about $20,000 available credit. I don't plan on being involved with the purchases. I would like one of the Mayflower set by the U.S. Mint and the Canadian Mint. I looked online with the Canadian Mint and don't see anything about the Mayflower coins. Or, maybe I'm blind, but not stupid.

LA_Geezer likes this.
  7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I once looked forward to getting the annual silver proof Eagle from the Mint. Win, lose or draw, my attempt to get an end of WWII proof will be my last.

8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

SOMETHING WENT WRONG is what I'll see.

zdftjt.gif

9. Jim Dale

Et tu Brutus?

10. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

11. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Neither coin being discussed is bullion. Can argue about what the price should be, but they aren't bullion with the privy

12. Mike Davis

Mike Davis Well-Known Member

Deleted my comment

13. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

These are not bullion coins. Still doesn’t make those prices any less idiotic.

14. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Well-Known Member

I am going to try for the gold. Think I will keep it fairly long term don't think I will go for grading if I am successful

15. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

I wanted one of these, but I figured I might be able to get one under $100. Since that is not likely I'll just have to accept that...as I have with ever owning an 1877 IHC.

Meanwhile, as it is clear now that there will be an original style ASE as well as the new one, I see this as another attempt to stick it to collectors.

Jim Dale and UncleScroge like this.
  16. Jim Dale

Amen and Amen!

17. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

in the end this is a 2020 W proof silver american eagle, just like the one released in January, with a "privy mark" and limited to 75,000 (hardly low mintage).

I wanted one but with the price increases, and the economy the way it is, I think I have to pass on this. it's at least goign to be $73.00 from the mint, likely $10.00 more I'm willing to bet. Maybe it's selling for twice their sales price in a year from the release, perhaps not though.....

I'll take the chance on it and let it go and see where it winds up. I'd hate to spend like $85.00 on it and find in a year it sells closer to spot or at mint issue price like the Pride of two nations set did.

18. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

The lowest buy it now prices on ebay. 20201027_134214.jpg 20201027_134231.jpg 20201027_134316.jpg 20201027_134249.jpg

19. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

LA_Geezer likes this.
  20. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

those are the January release ones without the privy mark though. those were likely bought at $64.50 before the increase to $73, still not a lot of meat left on the bone on them in PR69 for the sellers though. I'd say sold prices for PR70 of this one is average of $150, some for $130, some for $170.. overall, about $150.

I have to think this person will be kicking themselves at the very least in no time at all after they go on sale. This WWII privy mark coin is not the 2019S ERP, not even close..... says "no cancellations or returns, ships within 30 business days" .... in 30 days it will be worth 1/2-3/4th what the guy paid for it..... if he's lucky. imho...
    Capture 1299.PNG

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    LA_Geezer and -jeffB like this.
  21. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

I got confused you were talking about the 2020 W proof first so I thought thats what your post was about

Draft saved Draft deleted