V75 silver eagle good luck insane prices

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by potty dollar 1878, Oct 21, 2020.

1. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

If they are already this expensive on ebay good luck trying to buy one when the mint releases them Screenshot_20201021-194652_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20201021-194659_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20201021-194621_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20201021-194628_eBay.jpg

Penny Luster likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

The gold eagle also Screenshot_20201021-195412_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20201021-195402_eBay.jpg

4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

There oughta be a law.....

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I have 2 words for that--In Sane

6. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

They're taking a big chance regarding being able to cover their sales. Pay attention to who is selling them all now and for how much and you'll know who to contact to flip yours if you're lucky enough to get one. I don't know how strongly eBay enforces these sales. I imagine they let some sellers weasel out of them if they can't cover, while smaller sellers are stuck.

7. h.e.-pennypacker

h.e.-pennypacker Gold and Silver!

That’s insane, I hope the US Mint website doesn’t crash like it did last year for the San Francisco Enhanced Reverse Proof. Whoever gets the Gold Eagle is very lucky. With a mintage of 75,000 for the silver, I’m feeling optimistic.

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

You want legislation and regulations telling you how much you are allowed to sell a coin for?? Sure how about a law that says you are not allowed to sell a coin for more than 2% more than what you paid for it. (careful what you ask for, you might get it)

9. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

As I have stated previously, limited edition coins (under 100k production?), should first be offered to those that have had a subscription to the series for a minimum of 5 years, so that they can maintain the set that they have been building, while supporting the Mint. Let them purchase an hour earlier, or let them pre-order for a certain period, even if it is 24 hours.

10. messydesk

A lottery would probably be the best way to do it. Let everyone who wants one place an order over a period of about a week, then close the orders and randomly fill them.

COOPER12, Virginian, wxcoin and 5 others like this.
  11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

When last I checked (several years ago), the rules for pre-sales covered this explicitly. I don't remember the details, but the basic idea was "if you list for pre-sale and can't deliver it when promised, you have xx days to issue a refund". I don't remember if there were details about holding the money, or if PayPal at the time had a special policy.

Presale listings have never been an ironclad guarantee that you'll get the product. To me, that makes them pointless, but clearly there are other buyers and sellers who disagree.

12. Terrifrompa

Terrifrompa Member

13. messydesk

It'd be nice if short sales worked that way in the stock market.

Dynoking, wxcoin, NSP and 2 others like this.
  14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

LOL, wouldn't it just? "Oops, changed my mind..."

15. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

meh, this is scammy, why? Because at 30K pieces, it's a rarity silver eagle.
    At 75K pieces, it's low but not that low. the 2011-S burnished is between $200-$300 for a MS70 on a good day and between $20-$50 for MS69 and even some MS70s. they haven't priced this one yet on the website, but with the price increases they've just done I wouldn't be surprised if it's a hundred dollar bill now.

Anyways, Pride of two nations set was 100K pieces and sells for the issue price or lower. The fact is though, these sellers are hoping to ride the wave of idiots that think this one will run the course of the 2019 S ERP and stick them on the presales, that "get rich quick" folks that are always a day late buying stocks.
    And then the presale sellers watch the price drop completely out of it because,,, it's lower mintage, but it's still 2-1/2 times the mintage of the lowest mintage coins and just under the next lowest after those.

Just no way. I mean maybe, if the mint sells it for less than $100, it might be worth $129.99 in a month from the issue date and if it's a 70 grade, Maybe it sells for $200 after a month tops. Also possible it's a break even mint purchase that stabilizes like the pride of two nations set and sells for what you paid for it.

this issue isn't a "buy it, flip it, rebuy it, flip it" like the 2019-S ERP was and anyone buying in at these prices is going to take a loss.

Better off rolling the dice on the website. I think there will be plenty of time to get an order in, it should sell similarly to the Po2N set I think, with the exception of the idiot buzz about cashing in on it similarly to the 2019 S ERP, which isn't going to really work out like that. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  16. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

I’m confused... what’s wrong with this?

Edit: nevermind... I didn’t read enough

17. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

Those prices are outrageous... that is NOT okay

18. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Absolutely not. “There Oughta Be A Law” is an old comic strip about frustrating situations. My reference here is the idiocy of paying those prices for a manufactured rarity.

green18, johnyb, Evan Saltis and 2 others like this.
  19. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It will

To be fair no sale is ever an ironclad guarantee you'll get the product. You can cancel any sale you want to, the real problem will be paypal as they no longer refund their fees on cancellations/returns

Virginian and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  20. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I agree, I am sure it will crash, BUT I am also sure with 75,000 limit they will have time to recover and stabilize it, just like they did on the Pride of two nations set from last year. it was a rough start, but it normalized. It took more than a couple days but less than a week to sell out and get it's first "currently unavailable" tag.
    I think this V75 silver will be up for more than an hour, maybe a even a day, The 2011 Anniversary Set, with a mintage of 100,000, sold out in about 4.5 hours. I really expect a hour or two, maybe even for sale for 3 hours.
    The gold V75 coin is what's going to crash it and be an instant sell out since in their infinite wisdom they are selling both at the same time.... And I think that's what the real fight is going to be over, the 1,945 gold V75's.

And if you miss out, set the alarm clock for every day afterwards, 10 minutes before 7AM EST and be ready to roll, and as they release canceled orders or orders the cards failed on, those will become available until it's marked as sold out on the website. 7AM EST is the "refresh of quantities" time for the mint website,, so even if you miss out, check back each day at that time and until it's sold out completely, what they have will be released as available.

21. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Shhhhhhhh. We can discuss this after it's been released :p

Draft saved Draft deleted