V75 American Silver Eagle value?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Gam3rBlake, Nov 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

7D7A69EA-E31F-483E-8957-AFA8C52A1FC8.jpeg Hey guys I’m thinking of taking my V75 ASE to a local coin shop for sale or trade but I’m not sure how much to ask for it since it’s not in any price guides or anything due to being a relatively new release.

Does anyone know what they sell for?

Thanks!

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

What did you pay ?

4. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

5. Gam3rBlake

I think I paid $87.75

But I know they’re worth more I’m just not sure how much more. I’ll check the post the other guy linked.

6. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

The other guy posted a link.

7. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Well-Known Member

For longer term on these is mint packaging the best or should I try to get a "early release"/First Strike ?

8. SensibleSal66

I say Mint .

9. SensibleSal66

Hey Blake , fall asleeep ? Maybe near your silver and gold ? LOL

fretboard likes this.
  10. Gam3rBlake

Nah I was playing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla .

11. Gam3rBlake

Personally, I like to keep mine in the original packaging as it was sent from the Mint. The blue box. Also called “OGP”.

From what others have told me that’s how most buyers prefer it rather than in a graded slab.

But again that’s just me personally. You might be able to find someone who could give you a good reason to slab it.

12. Gam3rBlake

Both are grammatically correct.

13. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

To me their bullion coins, and nothing else ...
    So I wouldn't pay more then what a troy oz, is going for ..

fretboard, Evan Saltis and harrync like this.
  14. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

So, forgive me for this - I don't intend to cause any arguments, because frankly I've read so much arguing over the last four years I feel like I'm starting to get allergic to it, but I am confused as to why you started this thread.

I think you are very well aware of what the "flip" market says these are going for (based on your BST thread over at the PCGS boards, which I just happened to read yesterday by accident.)

(I am making an assumption that one "Gam3rBlake" there selling multiple 2020 V75 ASE is the same "Gam3rBlake" portraying themselves here as completely oblivious to the current market for a 2020 V75 ASE. Am I correct?)

So, please explain - are you the same person, and if so, why are you pretending not to know what your coin is worth (assuming you even still have it?)

15. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

That's an eye opening thread on PCGS ;)

Evan Saltis, CamaroDMD and Morpheus like this.
  16. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I would sure like to see your answer to stldanceartist's question...

Mike Davis likes this.
  17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

18. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

I happened to scroll by this thread too. Didn't put 2 and 2 together I suppose. Wow,

19. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

I liked this moment- talking about a dislike for the "flip" market... proceeds to flip. :yack:o_O:rolleyes:
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 7.20.56 PM.png

20. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Well-Known Member

That what I prefer as well. I guess there is no rush to send it off to PCGS/NGC to get a First Strike Label(I hate the idea of those anyways)

21. Gam3rBlake

Ok let me state some facts since obviously these days people on forums don’t seem to read everything and instead pick random fragments of things and string them together.

1). You say that based on me asking the value of something somewhere else means somehow I should know the value of something.

- This is a flawed argument due to the fact that prices fluctuate daily and just because one person gives their opinion on the value of something doesn’t mean it’s wrong to ask others for a second opinion and their own thoughts of how much something is worth.

If I say a 1933 Double Eagle is worth $40 that doesn’t mean it’s only worth $40 just because I said it is.

Imagine if I went to a car dealership and they told me my used car was worth $8,000.

Does that mean that every other car dealership in the world MUST offer me $8,000 for my used car?

No. It doesn’t. Every dealer is going to make different offers based on their own value of the car.

I don’t know what it is with the online coin collecting community and the strong desire amongst the people in it to spread arguments and hatred just because it entertains them but that crap needs to stop NOW.

I always used to wonder why less and less people are interested in coin collecting as the years go by.

At first I thought maybe people just weren’t interested in coins as much as they used to be but over the last couple of weeks I’m starting to notice that people are quitting because of the harrassment, drama and hate spreading.

The coin collecting community seriously needs to do some deep reflection on whether the enjoyment they get from spreading drama and hate is worth the destruction of the hobby of coin collecting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.