V. Kurt Bellman

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tibor, Apr 7, 2019.

1. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

Personally, I like Kurt a lot. I don't think anyone here can say he isn't knowledgable or intelligent.

He does have a rather unique sense of humor, which at times was a little too cerebral even for myself. I am not making excuses for him, but I think at times even though he said some harsh things, his intention was usually to be funny via sarcasm. Sometimes it matters more who is saying something vs. what was said. Unfortunately, he had a reputation among many as being mean.

We all get annoyed about the thousands of "Close vs. Wide AM" cent posts, Large Date/Small posts, people posting garbage thinking it is the next new discovery or million dollar error, people taking photos at 100x magnification to find errors/varieties, and people failing to understand their own ignorance. But with social media, people find comfort and bravery in saying things on a keyboard they likely wouldn't say in person, especially to a 6'3," 235lb guy like myself. And I can understand why he got frustrated, but you also have a choice to just simply not say anything. I hate all those other posts as well, but I just don't say anything because I don't see a point in getting myself or other people worked up for nothing.

Context is also a problem when reading text.

As for him making threats about lawsuits, I wish he could have handled those a little more privately with the individuals concerned.

As for people giving legal advice, I would stop. Different states have different laws, municipalities within states have different laws, then of course there are federal laws. And then there are corporate and forum policies. Please, don't give legal advice, and don't take any from people on here. If you want to know the law, consult someone licensed to handle your individual concern.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Good one, @JCro57. Way better post than I could have created; I agree with every paragraph.

Steve

LA_Geezer, RonSanderson and JCro57 like this.
  4. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Schools teachers never stop at educating …. always lending good advice..

Stevearino likes this.
  5. JCro57

You look hard at work doing so in your avatar

6. Stevearino

@SLACKACTION, just an addendum to your post: GOOD teachers never stop at educating. My children had some of the best teachers imaginable. But they also had some who were in the profession for what they could receive, not to educate youth. These latter ones had lesson plans that never changed over the years; they were "vegetative" and it was a blessing for the local school system when they retired.

Steve

slackaction1, LA_Geezer and JCro57 like this.
  7. JCro57

Teacher here: Global History since 1700, the U.S. Constitution, and Economics

8. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Where? Not here, for certain.

slackaction1 likes this.
  9. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Hats off to you. My mom was a teacher her whole life. I always believed she was vastly undervalued for the angst she had to carry due to uninvolved parents and disrespectful students. Teacher and cops. The two most underpaid and unappreciated professions.

bender9876, LA_Geezer and Stevearino like this.
  10. slackaction1

WAITING is the name of the game...........(hurry and wait) setting for 7 hours they call you to bring the train in the terminal with 30 minutes left to work... to bad so sad... not happening now.. after 7 hours sitting 1/2 mile away from being off duty..

11. JCro57

Buffalo area in NY

Dave Waterstraat likes this.
  12. Stevearino

My son and his wife are both teachers ( phy ed/coaching and special ed, respectively, previously both 4th grade classroom teachers).

I just groan when I hear how parents can be so uninvolved, or, at the other end of the spectrum, so completely over-involved in their children that they have no awareness of reality; no willingness to understand the child's abilities, talents (or lack of them).

I know this has been said and lamented about before, but when I attended school and got in trouble the trouble was only heightened when I got home. Today too many parents rush to the school to defend a child without knowing the facts. My son was a high school Dean of Students for one year. He refused to deal with these types of parents and went back to the classroom.

Steve

13. slackaction1

My Mother came to my aid at school and gave the principal and teachers and janitors permission to paddle me.. when needed... truth..

352sdeer, Stevearino and furham like this.
  14. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

JCro57 likes this.
  15. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Maybe the mods can paddle Kurt then let him back
    Reed

16. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Kurt, one of the few people who can stir up crap without even being on the board.

17. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

When I was young in Cali. The school had to get permission also.
    I grew up in a home Daycare. The lady I called Momma was licensed for 12, You couldn't help but to bond with the kiddos. I will forever pass on any knowledge I have for free, It's what helps our nation grow. It's hard to see that our nation as a whole has resorted to a need for more money, instead of the Knowledge that gives you the right to make that Money.

By the way @JCro57
    I was your nemesis, 5 foot 8, 125 Pounds. Their size never mattered.
    There are very few big men that can find humility in a challenge, and
    might I say, I am very thankful for the few that used that rationality.

18. JCro57

I think you gave me a compliment?

Stevearino likes this.
  19. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I never liked anyone whose first name is a letter. If your momms named you Vince then your name is Vince not V. I'm just saying.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  20. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

That’s quite superficial. Apparently he preferred his middle name over his first name. In my opinion that’s completely irrelevant, especially on a coin forum where most users prefer to remain anonymous and don’t even share their first name.

21. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Your prediction had much more to do with the fact that you don't even believe the crap you are spewing right now. Your guy had 11 total posts compared to Bellman who was a dominating force on the forum and was a core member. This is apples to oranges, and what's more, you know it. This isn't a case of deflection, it is a case of projection.

mlov43 and 352sdeer like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted