USPS Tracking AND Delivery Issue?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by OldGoldGuy, Jun 13, 2015.

1. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

So has anyone else noticed that the USPS online tracking is down, and has been for 3 days now?

Should I be concerned that coins sent from a state only a few away that were supposed to deliver Thurs are still not here?

I have had nothing but problems with USPS.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. OldGoldGuy

On a side note, all items were purchased through eBay.

4. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

I don't see any problems with USPS Tracking here.

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

None here, either. Used it a lot this past week.

6. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

No problems here. If you bought it through eBay, their delivery should be working also.

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I haven't noticed any problem here. Possibly a computer issue at your end?

8. OldGoldGuy

No its definetly not a computer issue as I have 5 different points of internet access. The issue is that the packages aren't updating. It still says "departed from xxxxx" and no updates since. So annoying.

9. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Call them (USPS) we still do use land lines ...

10. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

I've seen it happen and have even received packages without the tracking updating. Not often though, so if this is happening on a lot of packages at the same time it's really odd.

11. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

That does not mean their system is down. It means that your package has not been updated. It could be misplaced, a bad scanner, or something else. I just had one that left OKC and was not heard from for 9 days, but magically was delivered on the 10th day.

12. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

If they were shipped registered mail, you can ignore the expected delivery date. It's also not uncommon for these packages to "go dark" on tracking until the day they're being delivered.

tommyc03 likes this.
  13. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

No problem here.

14. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I have seen this also with eBay sellers. They provide a tracking #, but do not print their mailing/postage via eBay. They attach their own postage to the package and somehow this type does NOT get scanned during it's travel time to the buyer.

tommyc03 likes this.
  15. OldGoldGuy

So strange that as I was toying with the idea of asking this, a new bone has been thrown into the mix. I just checked both packages again. One has no change. The other, and this is a real doozy, has 2 changes. The first is now the bar at the top is Orange indicating an "Exception". The exception is that it is going to be late. Says it right there. Ok, no biggie. But this is the crazy part; it also updated at a new spot/location. I have a significant amount of packages shipped to me. I am pretty familiar with the online tracking. I usually just keep a browser page open on my phone for each package, and just hit refresh on each one. As a package comes in, I 'x' out that particular window. This new location is a spot I have never seen on the path to me before. Its so weird. Its definitely going to still have to go to the regional distribution center because the one it went to is on the other side of the state; and then on to my local post office, and then out on the truck. This is a whole extra unnecessary step. And it really has me scratching my head.

16. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Two weeks ago or close to that, the USPS installed all new software for their entire system. Many P.O.s were experiencing glitches. Two in my area had signs posted asking for customer patience. It would not surprise me about the tracking having problems either, as now, all packages are having tracking stickers attached and are being tracked internally by the USPS. These will not show on their online system but the ones you attach will be. Why? I have no clue but it could be with this new tracking, that their system has had an overload problem and is probably having trouble keeping up.

TopcatCoin likes this.
  17. OldGoldGuy

I came across something similar in my Googling. That stinks if it is the case; a bigger problem overall that still hasn't been solved.

18. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I know what an ugly mess this can create. The company I worked for used the SAP system. It cost them $100,000,000 to buy into this and we used a full 10% of it's capacity. The other 90% was nothing but a struggle to navigate away from. So now the USPS has moved all sorts of items all over the computer. It was sad to watch the clerk struggle trying to find "Non Machinable" 3 pages from where everything else was located. No wonder they are $13 billion in the red. The flashing light to indicate when to swipe your credit card is gone also, replaced by an icon. But no more paper receipts to sign, just the screen.

19. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

I got a package today that was shipped Tuesday of last week. Took 12 days to get it from a town 30 miles away. I called the post office Thursday and went through a computer tracking my package 6 times, telling me that it was checked in at a post office in another town 50 miled away in another direction. It kept saying it was in route to the destination, which was the samething they said online, and wouldn't transfer me to a person. I finally called back and lied about what I needed to get to a real person who was a foreigner and I could barely understand. They sent a message to the last post office it was checked in at to find it and return it to the sorting station. I guess if I hadn't called, I never would have gotten it.

tommyc03 likes this.
  20. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

I'm waiting on this now. It's been in Mobile (about 60 miles from here) since June 9!

[​IMG]

21. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Sometimes there are delays due to weather or logistics, however I don't think there is anything major going on now weather-wise.

This is the first I hear of this new tracking system.

Draft saved Draft deleted