USPS frustration

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by COOPER12, Oct 18, 2021.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

That would be cheaper, a $50K Registered package would be $68.75 instead of $109, and $5k priority would only be $14 instead of $78.55. And they do recognize that Registered is still the safest way to ship, notice their rate for registered is considerably lower per $100 than any of the other methods.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Yep it's insanely cheaper and if the USPS had rates that were even composable to it many more people would use their insurance that would make them a lot more money. They know and the private companies know that well over 99% of packages of all services will arrive just fine but for some reason years ago someone in USPS decided to try and gouge on insurance prices costing them revenue as people just skip it from the cost or private insurance gets the business.

The private insurance is not only significantly cheaper with higher limits, but also if you sign in there is a process to apply for the limits to be raised on a package. The real kick to the groin for USPS is the old administrators were so incompetent setting such absurd insurance rates that its really hard for them to even attempt to roll the prices back to try and regain the revenue back. There was a time that express had lower rates than priority for insurance but some genius decided to change that years ago

5. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

Well.....I ordered something online last Tuesday and the company sent me the shipping information via email showing an ETA of between 11/8 - 11/15 with the USPS. And when I came home from work last Friday it was on my doorstep (11/5). Wow! Talk about super fast shipping.

But I have a small dilemma. I didn't think that box had what I ordered in it because my box should be about 1' x 2' x 2' and weigh no more then 8 pounds. The box on my doorstep was approximately 3 1/2' x 3 1/2' x 3 1/2 feet and weighed approximately 36 lbs. Opening the box I discovered that the company I ordered this item from sent me an entire carton of the items, not just one. So now I have a total of 4 of the same item, when I only ordered and paid for just one. The item cost $217 each. The shipping document inside the box reflects 1 ordered, 1 shipped and 1 paid for.

So I figured I'd contact the company on Monday (today) and tell them the situation and that if they send me a return label (no shipping cost to me) I'd be happy to set it up to be picked up and returned to them. Before I was able to tell them this mistake, I checked my email first thing this morning and I'm getting completely bombarded with coupons and junk like that from the company I bought this item from. Maybe I might not say anything because they are sending me so much junk/spam. Or maybe I should tell them that I will gladly hand over the merchandise if they will kindly completely stop sending me all this junk/spam email.

I paid for the purchase with paypal, so they don't have my credit card information.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Call them and return the item. Also tell them to remove you from their mailing list.

7. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

They have to pay for the return shipping though.

8. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Six days to get from metro ny to Buffalo ny. I did the math, without sleeping, i could walk it there in less than three days.

9. Collecting Nut

But the parcel took the scenic route. You can’t walk the scenic in 3 days. Lol

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  10. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

I think they also take the "no toll" route. :shifty:

Collecting Nut and SensibleSal66 like this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Be more likely to take the toll route and the driver doesn’t have any money. Lol

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  12. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Have you got coins coming in from NGC and PCGS?
    Have they arrived?

13. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Nope. I don't use TPGs :)
    One arrived. The other is lost. It was sent to the "Mail recovery center" and I doubt I will ever see it again.

14. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Ah, crud...
    That's too bad. Hopefully nothing too expensive...

15. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Nope. Just a couple of ancients of a husband/wife that I didn't have yet. Oh well.

Draft saved Draft deleted