USPS frustration

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by COOPER12, Oct 18, 2021.

1. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

The parcel i sent to @Beardigger last Friday still hasn't gotten to him, and i haven't heard anything from @Cheech9712 about the envelope i mailed out on Monday from metro ny to upstate ny. Yay usps!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

yes ANACS got it yesterday. Not sure what happened but there now at least.

4. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

That post office can sometimes be a a bit of a black hole and I have talked to them over the phone about a package that just disapeared from the moment it hit the Grand Central Station post office until it showed up at Englewood. Evidently they failed to scan the items? I am not sure. MAybe all that registered mail they get to and from ANACS is killing them :)

5. COOPER12

mine was in Limbo after it left the sorting facility in Denver

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

For protection, Registered mail is scanned but not recorded on the open computer. You only see the time and place of mailing and delivery. Again, it’s for protection of the item being mailed. ;)

7. Collecting Nut

Not if you sent it Registered Mail.

8. Mikenwuf

Mikenwuf Active Member

I've had the same issue as with so many, but mine are packages coming from Europe. It gets hung up at the New York Distribution Center or gets to Pennsylvania and the same thing happens there. I have been able to actually talk to someone at the P.O. and interesting enough, my package has appeared magically a few days later after being lost for 5-6- weeks. Try that. and good luck.

cplradar, Mac McDonald and COOPER12 like this.
  9. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I received your gift today. Thank you bunches

10. CoinJockey73

So glad it got there! Everything was in there?

COOPER12 and cplradar like this.
  11. COOPER12

I hope so . Have not heard from Anacs but probably a good idea to contact them to make sure.

12. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

Even when you send it registered it just get stopped for more than a week are the local distribution center, which is our case is right on the Brooklyn-Queens Border

13. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

...so not corrupt, just inept

wxcoin likes this.
  14. CoinJockey73

Mailed to Florida on the 15th, not a single update in 10 days, and the package hasn't arrived yet!

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  15. Collecting Nut

And how did you send it?

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  16. Tusky Ranger

Tusky Ranger Active Member

Guys/gals - these things happen. Stop and consider how many MILLIONS (maybe more) of mail pieces are handled day in and day out. Pieces are bound to get lost, misplaced, delayed, damaged, etc. - its inevitable. I sent 40 Morgans to ICG using insured (that wasn't cheap) 3-Day Priority mail. It took forever (like nearly 2 weeks) for it to get there...I could barely sleep at night; the coins were worth a lot more than I insured them for (the max). They finally did arrive (and I could sleep). On the other had I've had people mail me coins on a 4-day Priority shipping and received it in 2 days. Granted, I would NEVER mail 40 coins ever again (I like my sleep). Unless its was by registered mail...but even then I'd have to give it alot of consideration. Just my 2 cents...

17. Tusky Ranger

Tusky Ranger Active Member

Ive had that happen :(

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  18. montynj3417

montynj3417 Active Member

My sister, who is a smart cookie, has a good approach for when she wants something covered by her homeowners insurance. She has a date/time-stamped photo taken of herself, with the item in question prominently in the picture. That way, she has evidence that the item does physically exist!
    Collecting Nut's point about Registered Mail is well-taken; you've got a signature-attested paper trail, which in some cases, leads right up to the scene of the mis/malfeasance.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  19. CoinJockey73

First class

20. Collecting Nut

That’s the problem. Contact your local postal inspector and file a complaint with them.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  21. charley

charley Well-Known Member

Maybe not....

Draft saved Draft deleted