USPS frustration

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by COOPER12, Oct 18, 2021.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Not exactly. That may be true, but the simple fact is theres a lot less flights than there used to be currently which forces their hand. It very well could be a good idea to move more stuff to the ground if it saves them money, but theres only so much cargo space on the flights that are happening

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

And you wouldn’t believe what those airlines are charging for that space.

4. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

Really, they would send back 10K coin that way?

5. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

Idk my submissions weren't that much. But I've sent 3 and all 3 come back priority

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  6. baseball21

I have no doubt they've been gouging for that space during all of this

7. Silverpop

Silverpop Well-Known Member

when i mail stuff off i know it will get there yes maybe slow but it gets there or when people mail me things i know i'll get it sometime

see i don't worry about what i can't control only worry about what i can

8. harrync

harrync Well-Known Member

PCGS, etc., may have private insurance that covers items lost in the mail. A lot cheaper than USPS insurance if you ship a lot of valuable items. In fact, the private insurer forbids getting USPS insurance for the packages; seems USPS insurance just signals to the crooks that there is something valuable in the package. Or they may just self-insure [i.e., just eat the cost of the occasional lost package], given the volume they have. Again, a lot cheaper than USPS insurance in the long run. Of course, when you ship the coins to them, you don't have the benefit of private insurance.

cplradar likes this.
  9. baseball21

There are options for it. USPS really does shoot themselves in the foot with the insurance costs as many people would use it if it was cheaper and theyd make a lot more money, but there ae private options to anyone.

10. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

They probably make a great profit taking the insurance money from people then not paying on it when things are lost or stolen.

john65999 and cplradar like this.
  11. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten the envelope i mailed to @Cheech9712 on Monday back yet, all ripped up, contents empty. That's a good sign, i guess?

12. Collecting Nut

She’ll get it, late but she’ll get it one day. Be patient.

Cheech9712 and CoinJockey73 like this.
  13. baseball21

They pay on it. The point was that so little gets lost they're leaving a ton of money on the table with such high insurance costs. They'd make way more money on volume if they dropped the cost of it instead of letting their business be stolen by private insurance companies or people just self insuring from the high cost

14. COOPER12

Well I will report back on if they ever do the right thing and pay on mine.

cplradar likes this.
  15. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

yes, photocopy or upload pics of a price list highlighting the coins you had (have), i have had to do this about 10 times myself, post office loses stuff every now and agaiin..hope this helps, and appeal appeal appeal (you get three appeals, so do not give up, i had to use all mine on the last time i filed a claim, it took 3 months to get it back, and the buyer left me bad feedback saying i swin=dled him and never shipped the item, i actually lost 15.00 on selling the item as well, so go figure, it is a crap shoot out there, lol

COOPER12 and cplradar like this.
  16. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Another reason for using Registered mail. Once you get over $1K the insurance rates are cheaper. and as the declared value increases they get a LOT cheaper.

-jeffB, harrync and cplradar like this.
  17. baseball21

Or you can use the other services which are faster with private insurance. There’s no reason to really use registered mail unless private insurance demands it.

18. COOPER12

I am so relieved. My package was found and is out for delivery .

cplradar likes this.
  19. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Hooray!

COOPER12 likes this.
  20. Collecting Nut

And what did I say on Friday? She’ll get it, late but she’ll get it. Be patient.
    Glad it’s out for delivery. Hopefully the carrier delivers it to the correct address. LOL

CoinJockey73 and COOPER12 like this.
  21. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

In Englewood, Co?

COOPER12 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted