USA 100 D0llar Bill 2009 Series Error

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Mirza Beck, May 16, 2015.

1. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

Friends,Thanks for everyone that likes my posts.And many Thanks to folks that own and started CoinTalk.

People from the Bank and Officers that come by the 7-11 I work at have said you'll never find any errors on a 2009 series especially.... a 100 NEW Bill.

Well, here it is...from what I can see the ink matches the US mint.
    Is this worth Grading? I'd like to send it in the PCGS ..maybe it'll someday in the future bring in a hefty amount.God Knows..

Appreciate your view on this find.

God Bless
    Beck.
    Lincoln Cent Treasure Hunter
    PS: Does anyone else heard of error similar to that on this type of date bill.Any links...

Attached Files:

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

That line crossing Franklins face? The edge of a tellers stamp. I don't know why, but bank tellers stamp the bands that hold packets of notes. Sometimes that stamp goes off the edge of the band, depositing ink on the top note. No, you do not have an error note, you have a spending note. Sorry to have to break it to you.

capthank likes this.
  4. lettow

lettow Senior Member

It is a 2009A note not a 2009.

capthank likes this.
  5. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

Ok Thanks for that correction.

6. lettow

lettow Senior Member

The reason the banker may have indicates that you will not find an error on a 2009 $100.00 note is because they were found to have serious problems before release and all were re-inspected.

capthank likes this.
  7. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

The Line missed a minute grid in the downward slope,and it caused changes in the with symbols etc printed on the dollar bill. The symbols are not part of the regular lines making the bill itself. It would take more pressure to create those changes then just a bank tellers ink.

But, I respect your advise.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  8. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

I remember somebody posting an error he found on a new style $100 note. The circular, black treasury seal had been printed on the reverse of the note.

9. lettow

lettow Senior Member

I was not implying that errors on the 2009 series could not have gotten out. The OP cited a bank source telling him that they would not be found. I was explaining why the bank source may have said what he did.

Remember also that Series 2009 got the extra scrutiny but Series 2009A did not.

silentnviolent likes this.
  10. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I've been schooled.

11. philmow

philmow New Member

Hello,

Has anything more come about on this topic? I also have a 2000 $20 bill with a line over Jackson’s face. Wondering if it is a printing error.

Thanks

Attached Files:

12. philmow

philmow New Member

Oops, sorry. It’s a 2009 series, not 2000. My apologies.

13. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It's the edge of a tellers stamp.

john65999 likes this.
  14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's damaged and it's the edge from a bank tellers stamp. Common on. Ills but the ink doesn't match like you think it does. All those folds would keep the bill at face value if it was special.

15. philmow

philmow New Member

Ok, got it. Thanks for taking a look!

Draft saved Draft deleted