US Mint site just blocked me!!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Vess1, Nov 5, 2020.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Not to mention it's also just another commemorative, these are the first privy marked coins. It's a nice design but not comparable at all

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. h.e.-pennypacker

h.e.-pennypacker Gold and Silver!

I got locked out. I think it was for copy and pasting my credit card info. Then I used my 2nd account and got a Silver after about 20 minutes of refreshing. It’s a flip for me. Hoping to turn it into a tube of bullion eagles. ;)

4. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

5. dm1234

dm1234 New Member

Yea mint can goto hell they blocked me. I tried from home ip, phone ip on cell network, few different vpns. Couldn't even get on. I got to the point on the silver eagle to the add it to the bag button, and couldn't add it or buy then the page went away and my ip was blocked again. The should have a lottery for existing customers for items like this. You know they all went to the dealers that had people sitting at computers to get the coins for them. I'm really surprised I couldn't get a silver one that had 75k mintage. People already have them up on eBay for $650-1k. Pretty pissed at the mint. The Apollo coins had a 100k mintage and were easy to get, don't get whey I wasn't able to at least get one of the silver eagles.

6. dm1234

dm1234 New Member

Yea mint can goto hell they blocked me. I tried from home ip, phone ip on cell network, few different vpns. Couldn't even get on. I got to the point on the silver eagle to the add it to the bag button, and couldn't add it or buy then the page went away and my ip was blocked again. The should have a lottery for existing customers for items like this. You know they all went to the dealers that had people sitting at computers to get the coins for them. I'm really surprised I couldn't get a silver one that had 75k mintage. People already have them up on eBay for $650-1k. Pretty pissed at the mint. The Apollo coins had a 100k mintage and were easy to get, don't get whey I wasn't able to at least get one of the silver eagles.

7. dm1234

dm1234 New Member

8. Jersey John

Jersey John New Member

My wife said to keep on trying after I got frustrated with all the issues previously noted in this thread. I even tried multiple phone orders only to get perpetual busy signals. My CC was finally accepted at 1:36 EST and I had been trying since 11:48 AM when I couldn’t even log into my account online. I got the order accepted email a few minutes later and just got the confirmation email at 6:50 tonight.

I hate the way these sales are going and decided to not buy any more second party inflated prices if I can’t get one for original issue price. To all the flippers, go to Hades!

9. dm1234

dm1234 New Member

Yea I collect don't sell so was kind of grumpy about this, I can see the gold that was really limited, but not being able to get the silver one. Existing customers that have enrollments for coins should get some kind of service where there is a random lottery and so many are offered a guaranteed spot to buy some of these coins. I'm thinking about cancelling my enrollments and stick to non modern coins.

10. bikergeek

bikergeek Active Member

After 45 minutes, I got a silver one. But for the uninitiated, the screen shots below may help recreate the experience. (I will point out that some of these responses, I received MANY times, and I didn't even screenshot the Captchas that I answered at least 5 times, with cars, boats, motorcycles... fun). I especially like the little one, "An error occurred," and you have to say "OK." But I wanted to scream, by that point, "NOT OK!!!!" heheh.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture4.JPG

masterswimmer and green18 like this.
  11. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I got all of those as well over the course of buying the coin. The last time I logged in I didn't have to verify I wasn't a robot and pick cars, boats, planes,...

12. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I didn’t have any captcha hurdles to go through either. I logged in at 11, refreshed at noon, put the ASE in my cart, the website died a few times getting to the cart, had issues with my credit card info - just like when buying the 2019S Enhanced Reverse Proof, and then it finally went through.

13. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

It might have been a burst pipe. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

14. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Sheesh, they're still on Windows 3.11 . . .

My message . . .

Flagrant_Error.png

Z

green18 and bikergeek like this.
  15. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: That only happens in Georgia. Most here probably didn't get the humor your post.

daveydempsey likes this.
  16. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I don't doubt you did have someone on the hook for $600. there's people preselling them on ebay for $1200-$1500 also and people buying them too. I have an opinion on this type of thing but I'll keep that to myself.

Doesn't mean it's reasonable or will hold that price long term though that's what I meant and was talking about. I know it's gonna sell high at first and become a hot potato and some people are gonna make money and some people are gonna lose money.

17. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

That one is a green label PCGS MS-65. It cost something like $3,600 from a major auction. The $20 grand price must have been for a Proof, which is a lot rarer.

18. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. But they didn't all go to dealers - I'm not a dealer, and I snagged one after much of the same frustration that you experienced.

The Apollo coin was not an ASE. Lotsa folks like me collect ASEs. I had zero interest in that coin, while I would have eventually resorted to the secondary market several months from now if I had not managed to score one directly from the mint today. I'm going to guess that you'll be able to get graded MS69 coins in the $200ish range within a year.

Meanwhile, it will be very interesting to me to see what happens with the End of World War II 75th Anniversary Silver Medal on Monday. Mintage is LOT lower, but it is not an ASE coin, no privy mark . . . indeed, it's not even a coin - it's a medal. I have zero interest in owning one. However if I decide that I could easily flip it, I might be willing to go through this whole circus again . . . or not.

19. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

Ahhhh. Thanks! It probably was a proof - I don't really recall.

If your point was whether I would rather have that or one of the Gold Eagles they sold today . . . I'd take that gold dollar every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

johnmilton and wxcoin like this.
  20. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Medals have never really generated the same interest. I’d be shocked if there was any issue getting one with site crashes

Virginian likes this.
  21. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

I wonder if people closer to the mint website server had better luck getting in and refreshing? I am way out west in Arizona and was logged in at 10 am and then all heck broke loose and no way was I getting in to the products page to even get it in my bag, much less get to the check out page...

Draft saved Draft deleted