US Mint Releases Public Service Announcement Regarding Coin Shortage

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by paddyman98, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

What - you still have a 7-11?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

We've got several near me.

Cheech9712 and Inspector43 like this.
  4. Inspector43

When they first started Toll Roads in Harris County Texas it was 50 cents. There were some lanes where you could throw in the change and keep going. Well, my wife wanted to see if it would take pennies. It does, but it backs up traffic while the coins are being processed.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  5. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

What is a STATE credit union?

6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I used to use cash on the tolls here in the north east. Then I got tired of waiting in line and got me an EZ Pass. Saved me almost an hour on my 8 hour drive from DC to Boston.

I just wish I could get the cash back from my coins so that I could roll it into something else coin related.

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

You don't?

8. Inspector43

Not that I know of. We are way out in the country very close to Nowhere Texas. They might have some in Houston. As a curiosity, I will look around next time I drive that way.

9. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

They're all over the place. Something like 70k stores and all over the world as well and funny enough headquartered in Dallas. Many of the Exxon convenience stores are 7-11s now too. They'll definitely have a ton of them in Houston

Inspector43 likes this.
  10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Many credit unions when they are first founded are typically formed for the benefit of the employes and family members of a particular business then over time they start accepting employees and family members of other businesses. For example the credit union here was originally only for employees of the local drop metal forge. It was called Portland Forge Credit Union. Later I was able to join when they started accepting employees of the local hospital. Most likely the credit union that Jim Dale mentioned was originally set up for State employees and their families and was called State Credit Union.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  11. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

I've been spending a few of my extra clad JFK's lately. The store clerks appreciate it.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  12. Inspector43

I have a pot full of Presidential dollars. I take a few with me to the golf course and drop them in tip jars at the refreshment counter. Saves paper and they aren't worth more than a dollar, even coming out of mint rolls.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  13. Cheech9712

I like when those coins are out there. Got a Buffalo at the supermarket

Inspector43 likes this.
  14. Cheech9712

Now that’s fun. These days when you use them. The cashier will take the time to look at them for a moment the look at you. You gotta tell them that their a 50 cent piece. Or she’s calling a manager

Draft saved Draft deleted