US Mint: Mayflower silver set still processing Dec. 2nd

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Vess1, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Does anyone else feel like this seems fishy? Pretend you purchased anything in life on Nov. 17th and Dec. 2nd your order is still processing and there's zero explanation of why or when it may be fulfilled? And the customer service is so bad you don't have the energy or will power to wait on hold to get a customer service rep that doesn't have an answer anyway. How would you feel?

For a limited edition product (much smaller quantity to handle) and something that has been advertised for most of the year, you would think these would've been ready to go. And if they weren't you'd think they would give us an update as to why on the website. No need to contact everyone individually. Just a statement to try to grasp what could possibly be wrong. Nobody has gotten one yet that I'm aware of. No real pics on ebay. Received my reverse proof silver in a few days and stuff I ordered the following week arrived last week.
    I just want to say they really dropped the ball on this. I don't want a BS covid excuse.

Garlicus and SensibleSal66 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I would be mad also. They played the COVID19 card, that's a consumer tactic to pay Bills late.

pomyluy and Virginian like this.
  4. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I ordered one of the $10 reverse proofs with the set so it's held up with the same order. Meanwhile everybody else who just ordered the $10, already got there's so I guess I'll get the 5,000th one that was sent back a few times in PF-67 by the time they send it. I was happy to get my order in early then this...

5. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

My V75 purchase is still processing. Bad time apparently to accidentally buy a couple proof sets

6. Penna_Boy

Penna_Boy Just a nobody from the past

I have had several mail orders that played the Covid card. I find it as an excuse for not being prepared. I won't prder from them again.

7. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

My V75 ASE with expedited shipping took about 2 weeks to show up. I don't know what to tell you other than that you're not alone.

8. Idahome

Idahome New Member

My Mayflower Two Coin Silver set is still saying processing as well. I feel more comfortable knowing that it seems to be we are all in a similar situation with this set.

9. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I called the mint today in case anyone’s wondering. Estimated wait time was less than ...3...minutes. In reality it was 25 minutes. Finally got someone on the phone. All I got was a canned response. No explanation as to what’s going on with this set. Just that they apologize for the delay and they’re filling orders in the order they’re received and as they get product in. So maybe the Royal mint coins aren’t even there yet. Who knows.

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'm still 'processing'.......

11. jayinmi

jayinmi New Member

I have an enrollment for the 2021W proof silver eagle that was released Feb. 11. I received an order confirmation that morning. That was 7 days ago, and according to the mint, the first coins go to enrollments, then to online orders. Seven days later my order still says "processing, and the payment is still pending on my credit card. I called the mint today. The woman said to go to my enrollments and switch my payment to a different card and that within an hour it should update and not be processing. I explained to her the payment is already pending on my credit card so there was no issue with the payment method. There is a $0 balance on that card, and it's been pending for a week, waiting for the mint to say my order has been shipped. She said to switch cards anyway, and if my order still says processing after an hour, call them back. Of course it still says processing, and the payment was already put through on the first credit card, so changing it now does nothing. Call them back? No thanks. They have no idea what's going on, and if they do, they won't tell you. I figure if I get the coin, fine. If not, fine. I'm done giving the mint my money. I'll start adding to my Morgan dollar collection with the money I would spend on the mint products.

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

It's the same with me (still processing). Hang tight, you'll get it. I've seen this on many occasions with the mint......got an e-mail from them yesterday saying that they were short staff, short on delivery personal, and overall experiencing shortness of pants. devil.gif

The one thing you want not to do now is change your payment method. That is, of course, if you still want the coin. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted