US Mint Announces 2021 Peace & Morgan Release Dates

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by YoloBagels, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

It will be interesting to see if mintages end up being all the same in the end, if the aftermarket values will all be the same or if, as some have stated maybe specific ones will be more valuable than others. There's going to be 875,000 total Morgans at a minimum. That is a lot to dump on the market but they will be very popular so who knows what will happen.

Personally, I'd rather have it this way. Even at 175k each, if the website crashes like we all expect, there's no guarantees you'll be able to get some when they go on sale. That's if you're sitting at computer the moment they go on sale.

How many fewer should they be making? If the mintage was 50k each everybody would be screaming about not having any chance. This at least gives some chance to get them before the aftermarket. The ebay pre-sales are already up at $160-$200 a piece. And they don't even ship from the mint until October.

So they think people are going to pay a middle man twice as much for them, so they can receive a large batch, the seller can sort out the possible 70s and pass anything with flaws on to the people who paid double for them. Brilliance.

YoloBagels likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Just another expensive bullion coin...I,ll buy a nice 21-S instead...a real one.

4. Millard

Millard Coindog

I gave up on the US Mint three years ago. I just won't subject myself to the continued disregard. Face it folks, we are not the Mints primary customer. They focus on the big buyers, and thats ok. Most if not all of their products are overpriced and slow to appreciate anyway. I'll spend elsewhere.

Just on a whim for comparison purposes I checked a Greysheet from last year. There were 45 Morgans listed in MS60 and 27 listed at MS64 lower than the $85 price tag on these new coins. Just sayin'.

5. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone already announced the price of the Morgans and Peace coins is now at $85. The Morgan "CC" and "O" coins will be available from May 24 12N to June 7 3PM.
    The Morgan "D" and "S" will be available June 1 12N to Jun 14 3P. Also $85. The "Plain Jane" Morgan will be available June 7 12N to June 21 3PM.
    The Peace coin will be available June 7 12N to June 21 3PM.
    All of these coins have been announced for delivery sometime in October.
    I question about the availability of the coins during those times. Does that mean they will continue to make the coins? Each of the Morgans Product limit is $175,000. Does that mean that they will produce 875,000 Morgans or a total 175,000 produced.
    Peace Product limit is 200,000. This is getting way too complication for a 73 year old man.

Millard likes this.
  6. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

It says 175k on each product's page. The peace is a 200k product limit. The product is the individual sale with the associated paperwork. If they decide to sell a set of them later in the year, even though they're the same coins, that would be a different product, but would add to the overall mintage.

We don't know if they will make more. We don't know if they'll be able to get more silver blanks to make more. It's left open so the possibility is there but they may or may not end up making more.

7. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

Fully agree. Here's a seller already selling them on pre-sale at nearly $180.
    https://www.ebay.com/i/133739167780?ul_noapp=true

Dynoking and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  8. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Wow and people are actually buying them for that much-idiots!!!!!!!.

9. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I've seen the 2021 ASE W Type 1 on the TV shows for almost $400. I can image how much they will be selling the Morgans and Peace Dollars for. I bet, about $500 or close to it. They will be graded and sell the MS69 and MS70. Since none of the coins will be Proof, they won't have PF70 coins.
    How do you guys feel when you can't get the coins from the Mint and you see them being sold on the TV for up to $1,000?

10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Now that’s shitty luck I’ll say

JeffC likes this.
  11. Cheech9712

How much does one cost from the mint?

12. JeffC

$85 before S&H.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  13. Cheech9712

Oh 85 dollars each right

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  14. Cheech9712

I’ll try

LakeEffect likes this.
  15. JeffC

LOLOLOL. You're funny!

16. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

I don't know which MM Morgan to get..... "CC" (P) sounds good but all of them have the same mintage. I guess my question then is... which of the three mint locations will do the best (are dies universally the same, or are they made independently using the same image at each Mint with varying quality?)?

Also, no proof variants, only BU strikes? The Mint should've offered a limited quantity of the proof variants instead of only 175K of the BU strike Morgans.... And I was hoping for a high relief 2021 Peace Dollar alongside a regular strike... would be most appropriate actually...

Is it better to wait for the big dealers to sell them graded in terms of price? They'll probably tack on the cost of the slab, but will the prices get marked up substantially more for dealers to get a healthy profit margin beyond the $85, slab fees, and other costs? Does anyone know the expected cost if I were to wait and buy from a dealer, slabbed in MS-69?

Sorry lots of Qs... thanks in advance!

And I get why they do this - privy mark vs. MM distinction! Neat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  17. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Yes

18. Randy Abercrombie

I was thinking that these were too pricey. I did just get my email from the mint and I do believe I'll still go in for one 2021 Peace. I am assuming they will strike this with the high relief.

YoloBagels and iPen like this.
  19. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

I hope they're high relief, too. I don't see that info on the product page though.

20. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I don't believe they are

21. Randy Abercrombie

Yeah @baseball21 I am sure you are correct. If it were high relief they would have surely mentioned that on the website.

Draft saved Draft deleted