US Mint Announces 2021 Peace & Morgan Release Dates

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by YoloBagels, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

They won't be minted to demand. It states that the window will be open from 5/24-6/7 OR until inventory is depleted. The HH limit is 25. These are NOT a guarantee.

Garlicus and YoloBagels like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Assuming they go full mintage I hope that's true. I am actually interested in having one, maybe even as a pocket piece; not just to flip.

I was expecting $75, oh well.

4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Yes the mintage is capped somewhat (really high) but it's pretty much the same thing when your product ships 6 months later. I wouldn't be surprised if they had some significant cancelations when people figure that out later on.

I was until the whole waiting months for one part. I thought they were probably going to go $100 on these but the October ship date really just killed my interest. If thats the ship date sell it closer to then, don't take orders months earlier

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Well they ARE going to be .999 fine not .900. See the actual silver weight listed in the specs. .858 troy ounces. If it was .900 fine it would have been .773 troy ounces.

I actually find the price to be a little on the high side. These coins have the same specifications as the commemorative dollars and the Unc commems have a price of $74. And that $74 price includes a $10 surcharge that the Morgan and Peace dollars don't have (at least as far as I know they don't have one). So without that surcharge these should have been $64, but they want $85. Even if they do have a surcharge they should be $74 not $85.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  7. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Don't even try to use reason to try and get into their heads. Look at this years silver proof set pricing :yack:

8. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Does the "O" privy mark remind anyone else of this guy?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-jeffB, Garlicus, NSP and 2 others like this.
  9. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Reminds me more of this:
    upload_2021-4-15_11-54-24.png

-jeffB likes this.
  10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I will be most content to get one of the Morgans and the Peace.

11. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I'm not sold on the "privy mark" ones.... Seems like they can been seen as a commemorative, and be excluded from a set, I mean I guess technically they all could, but they tried to hold true on the other 4 of them.

For the morgan dollars, all of them are technically low mintage, lower than everything except for 1893-S and 1894-P.

For peace dollars, the mintage is even lower than the 1928-P, A key if it's thought of as an inclusion to the set......

I just don't know, I'm am not a fan of the privy marks at all. I don't like it. So I'll probably pass,,,, unless the speculation bug hits me on them.

12. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

I don’t care for the privy marks either. They just look odd.

13. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Meh. If they minted enough for everyone who "actually wanted the coin" to have one, suddenly a lot fewer people would "actually want the coin".

But I agree that allocating them based on how aggressively you pound the website, or how many friends and family you recruit to do so, kinda stinks. They should definitely allocate them instead based on total number of CoinTalk posts. ;)

masterswimmer and Matthew Kruse like this.
  14. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

I’m not saying they should have higher mintages! If the mintage is too high, they will lose most of their value. I just get annoyed with the resellers who buy the coin for the sole purpose of selling it for 5x the amount.

15. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Well the household order limit is 10 now so there’s a bit more of a chance. I would not count on being able to get them after the first hour unless the website has issues that drag it out to 2 hours.
    The mintage is open so they technically can mint more I’m just wondering if they’ll be able to if they wanted to with the silver shortage. It seems very suspicious that they can’t send them out until October. I’m going to assume the blanks arent even there yet when these go on sale.

16. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

The “CC” one will go in seconds, don’t even waste time trying to get it. If you want any of these, probably the best bet is the secondary market.

17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

LOL, just realized I've got a colonoscopy at 10AM the same day the O and CC go on sale. So, while it's unlikely that I'll be able to try to order at noon, at least I won't miss out on the experience...

18. bradgator2

bradgator2 Well-Known Member

It’s debatable which experience will be worse lol

Terrifrompa and Tater like this.
  19. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

LMAO!

20. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

So no matter what you do that day, you'll be taking it up........

21. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Way to many to soon. Should space them out a little

YoloBagels likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted