US Mint Announces 2021 Peace & Morgan Release Dates

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by YoloBagels, Apr 12, 2021.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

They seem to be being smart and spreading out the releases. Still plenty of year left for proofs and special versions.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Grandma, such big eyes.........all the more to 'milk' the devil out of you (us), my dear.......

4. baseball21

Probably to save logically on shipping trying not to get killed on fulfilling everything at once. It does work out as a bone for everyone though as it makes it easier to afford more.

green18 likes this.
  5. green18

Gives more folks a 'crack' at things too........must stay vigilant.

baseball21 likes this.
  6. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Remember the mints only goal is to Make money,money,money;).

7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

What a joke. The mint is goin the way of the RCM. I wonder how long before we start getting colorized and holographic printed ASEs and stuff direct from the mint...

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  8. green18

And it will sell..........The dealers will eat it with a spoon, and the ebay pukes will have a field day.

YoloBagels and furryfrog02 like this.
  9. baseball21

That’s literally their job. Numismatic products are there for the sole reason of making money

10. potty dollar 1878

By that I ment they don't care about collectors anymore,it's not there job to ruin the hobby but it seems like it.

11. green18

Indeed..........I just question just how much money they make is justifiable in relation to the common collector, who many times, doesn't always have that much money. Wah! I want it all, and don't wanna pay a lot of money. Woe is me.

Life people......

12. baseball21

They aren’t doing anything to ruin the hobby. They’re providing products that a lot of people love, a lot of the excitement over their most popular stuff is about how hard it is to get. They’ve done a ton to increase the popularity actually in the last two years, collectors just get upset if it’s not how they want things or miss out. That’s just human nature

YoloBagels likes this.
  13. potty dollar 1878

Sort of the mint is making good products but then like the V75 for example most people probably did it for a x20 profit they don't even collect coins there the mints minions!!!!

14. green18

They're.........

15. baseball21

And that product generated a ton of excitement, a ton of articles, a ton of chatter, a ton of free publicity etc. There was a ton of fan fare on social media which coin forums really aren’t a good judge of. It was a highly successful product in all aspects. Same with the W quarters.

There’s finally excitement brought back into a mint that was stale and boring for years

YoloBagels and green18 like this.
  16. potty dollar 1878

The W quarters were successful because you didn't have to spend hundreds of dollars to get one and with so many 2 million per year/design there's actually enough for everyone.

davdo and furryfrog02 like this.
  17. baseball21

No offense but you seem to have a serious misunderstanding of how circulation coins work. 2 million mixed into billions is absolutely nothing and yes you will have to pay up to get a nice one. The majority where never super high grades and most will never be found by someone that sees it immediately.

They were successful because they were hard to find. Collectors want things that are hard to get, they also complain if they miss out. They also complain if things are over produced especially if they lose value.

The mint has had many very successful products in the last 2-3 years and has been a huge improvement

rugrats2001 and YoloBagels like this.
  18. potty dollar 1878

I'm just a hatter and disappointed because I can't get most of the stuff,since much products are overpriced i haven't been able to get a 2021 ASE because i refuse to pay around $30 for one.

19. potty dollar 1878

Look at my mood of course i was being......about that part.

20. green18

Generates excitement......

21. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

And you keep saying the same thing. But it is a given fact that the dealers can order boxes of 40 coins and pick them up as much as 3 days before the official release. How do you justify this to those collectors that can't get through to the mint and all they hear is "not available"? How do you justify this to the thousands that missed the last release when almost 30,000 were picked up by dealers on Monday with an official release of Wednesday?

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted