US Mint again...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Nexus_Adam, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Nexus_Adam

Nexus_Adam New Member

does anybody have any experience with US Mint customer service? I got 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof in my bag but I cant finalize transaction bc is no more longer available-its any way to execute this order?
    thanks for help 4.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Doesn't seem like it. It's all out. Resale on eBay goes from 150 or so for pr-68's and for a Pr-70 you might have to dish out 300... One was listed for 2,500, one for 3,000.

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

No there is no way to execute the order, you can't buy a coin that is sold out and not available. Even if you could execute it they would just refund you. You can't get the coin from them.

5. Kaye

Kaye Active Member

Same happened to me, after being kicked off the site at least 5 times at the point of finalizing, but before the sold out page. I called the mint and although it was only one per household, one person could buy many, if shipped to different addresses, and each transaction done separately. I'm certain some folks had a phone crew with a list of addresses to work from.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

They sold out so delete it. You didn't get one.

7. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

THE US MINT PEOPLE ON THE LINE MUST ALREADY HAVE THERE PEOPLE LINED UP IN ADVANCE, HOW COULD EBAY SELLERS HAVE PREORDERS @ AT LIKE 25 AVAILABLE@ PR 70'S ?

8. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

The people that get coins like that might be their bread and butter. Maybe they're disabled or some other reason, but don't let it ruin your day. It really isn't worth it. As many others have said about them being sold out, "Don't quit your day job. I didn't start collection coins until I was 66 and I'm 72 now (and still counting) and I collect for the enjoyment and relaxation when I take my collection out and look at them. I wish the best on you folks. I love the chuckle I get from reading these comments.

Rob T, PlanoSteve, Kaye and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kaye

Kaye Active Member

I found coin hunting at 65 and have inspired my grandson, giving us a new bond. That is far better than a new coin from the mint!

Rob T, Collecting Nut and PlanoSteve like this.
  10. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

AMEN!

11. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

The mint sold ~500 at a coin show in Baltimore. Those people were able to take the coins to PCGS/NGC at the show and have them graded. So, it is possible to already have a graded example in hand.
    There are also many ebay offers based on pure speculation- the seller has enough confidence in their ability to procure what they are offering (or slimy enough to cancel order after they cannot follow thru).

12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Yes it is! Good for you!

13. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It's not that complicated or a conspiracy. They buy from other people then resell it for a higher price.

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

It's quite likely that a lot of the ones selling for $600 on eBay are actually being bought by dealers, who count on making bulk submissions and getting enough 70s to still turn a big profit.

15. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

We all know the US Mint screwed up again. I didn't get one but didn't lose any sleep over it either. I've had enough of the US Mint and cancelled all my enrollments with them. Rather spend it on my new pursuit, World Crowns and Thalers.

Santinidollar likes this.
  16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

The Mint and I also have officially parted ways over Thursday’s fiasco. I cancelled the ASE proof program.

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  17. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I cancelled my mint subscriptions about 5 years ago. The outrageous number of minted ASE's coupled with the exhorbitant premium charged has been a recipe for nothing but financial losses with their standard mint issues.

When a low mintage like this one is offered I will jump back into the fray for this single coin. I did, and I got one. If the number offered was enough to accomodate everyone, I don't want it.

With that being said, the mint has lost many of you because of yesterdays offering (or fiasco as you'd like to refer to it). However, the mint has lost many like me years ago because of their bloated numbers. Bottom line, they can't please all the people all the time. They will not try. Letters written (like I did from the other side of the spectrum years ago) will accomplish absolutely nothing other than make you (as it did me) feel better when you hit the send button.

Now onto another note. I don't agree with gaming the system to acquire numerous quantities of an offering limited to one per household. I can understand having two possibly three family or friends attempt to score 1/2/3 of them because you don't know if you or any of your cronies will be succesful getting any. On the other hand you might luck out and score one, two or all three. No problem with me on that front.

What I have a problem with is knowing this community is all up in arms about the perceived fairness of the mints offering and the few blowhards who are voicing their success at scoring 15 or more with the intent to flip, and rubbing it into the faces of those who would have liked just one for their collection. The gloating and bloviating is a telling personality trait that rubs many people the wrong way. You all know who you are and obviously couldn't care less about the way you come across to those who are extremely disappointed. Try a little humility and just go about your business while keeping your mouths shut. No need to pour salt on the glaringly open wounds of those in this fine community.

18. NAVY CHIEF

NAVY CHIEF Active Member

I had the coin in my cart the first 15 sec it went on sale! In the first 20 seconds I was checking out adding my security number -- than the Mint's computer had my computer "refresh." After 20 minutes refreshing the site I left to go to a Dr appointment; when I returned to my computer and the Mint told me the coin was not available. I DID GET OVER IT -I will not purchase another coin from the U.S. Mint!!

19. brucebuck

brucebuck New Member

I got the same. Have coin in bag since Thrusday about 12:05. No way to check out. I keep trying every day, though!

20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

brucebuck likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted