US Mint accepts PayPal

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TopcatCoin, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  2. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I guess that means that anyone who doesn't mind being charged ridiculous prices by the Mint won't mind paying 3% more for SpayPal.

Customer to SpayPal: It was a gift. Honestly! I shouldn't have to pay this.

Chris:woot:

3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

What makes you think that PayPal customers will face a surcharge?

4. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

PayPal charge .30 cents a transaction plus .029 % 2.9% of the sale amount. That's about what credit card companies get.

5. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the US MINT to accept BitCoin, which could beas early as Thursday.

6. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

The mint doesn't charge a surcharge for CC, what makes you think they'd do it for PP?

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Use the credit card.......

8. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Just like with credit card usage fees, it will be the seller (The Mint) that gets charged the fee, not the consumer.

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And all the more reason to use it. Use someone elses rumpus........

10. cpm9ball

Oh, I was just thinking of all the sellers on our B/S/T who specify that the buyer must pay 3% more unless the payment is declared a gift.
    So, what makes you think the Mint will accept those terms? What happens if ten million people decide to use SpayPal for all of their transactions instead of their credit card because the credit card charges a higher interest rate?

Chris

11. jwitten

I'm not sure what you're asking. The mint has to accept paypal terms to use it to accept payment. The mint gets charged about the same percent (3%) whether a customer pays with credit card or paypal, so they don't care which the customer uses.

12. rickmp

Those people are willing to cheat PP out of their fees are not people I'd buy from.
    If they are willing to cheat PP, who else are they willing to cheat?

NCnovice likes this.
  13. cpm9ball

Never mind!

Chris

14. cpm9ball

Rick, sellers do it here all the time!

"Please add 3% unless you tell PayPal that it is a gift."

Chris

15. jwitten

I would not say its cheating paypal if you ask for friends and family. Think of it as more of a 3% discount for friends :)

16. rickmp

True, but that doesn't make it right.

17. cpm9ball

Yeah! Right! I guess that it means that everyone is your friend if they buy your items. I don't like SpayPal any more than the next person, but cheating is cheating!

Chris

18. jwitten

It's not cheating, honestly. You pay the 3% to have buyer protection. You have no protection if you pay friends and family, so it really only makes sense to do that with people you know.

baseball21 likes this.
  19. cpm9ball

Whatever!

20. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

its really not a whatever. Unless they’ve changed their stance they really don’t care how you do it, but if you don’t pay the fee they don’t want any complaints about what happened and won’t do anything. They’re well aware of the fact the larger the transaction the more likely you’ll pay for protection.

jwitten likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted