US Fairs/Exhibitions/Coin Events 2018/2019

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ma-shops, Jul 21, 2018.

1. ma-shops

ma-shops Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    long time no hear, but I am still there and hopefully back on the track :cat:

Just a short question - What are the next upcoming "worthseeing" fairs/exhibitions/Coin Events for the next months? And why would you recommend that event?

Happy about any reply.... enjoy your weekend!
    Cheers Sarah

Seattlite86 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I am going to this fair in August -
    WORLD'S FAIR OF MONEY
    Philadelphia, PA — August 14-18, 2018
    Pennsylvania Convention Center at 1101 Arch St, 19107
    https://www.money.org/worldsfairofmoney

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    ma-shops likes this.
  4. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I like the Battlefield Coin Show in Gettysburg; it’s probably my favorite thus far. This year will be 13-15 September. It’s a larger show for a smaller venue (compared to venues I’ve been to like the world fair of money or the Baltimore show) but the costs for dealers are not too high, allowing for good deals to be made. Great mix of world and US coins, with a touch of flair from some eclectic historic items being sold. I bought a Goetz Lusitania Medal there and regret not pulling the trigger on a great deal for some world coins. And honestly, I like most of the shows @coinzip sets up.
    http://www.coinzip.com/national-battlefield-coin-show-gettysburg

ma-shops likes this.
  5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I have no answer to your questions, since I don't get out to shows much anymore, but have a question of my own to ask. It may be a silly question, given your username, but... are you affiliated with MA-Shops?

ma-shops likes this.
  6. ma-shops

Hello Lordmarcovan,
    thanks for your reply... It is always nice to chat a little - that's why we here for. To see other peoples opinion, mindsharing...
    I'm a supporter of MA-Shops and that's how my journey began for my passion for coins and everything around that theme. Besides work, family life and other hobbies I am looking into this as often I have some time, which is at the moment quite rare. I am lucky, if I can even finish a good book once a time... Maybe that sounds familiar to you, since you are not so much visiting the fairs anymore? :)
    No time for that or are you not interested anymore/bored by those events?

Cheers Sarah

7. ma-shops

@paddyman98 @Seattlite86 thanks for sharing... I know there are lots of calendars for those kind of events, but I think it's also interesting to see where the people go and what's the intension.
    For example - I do like from the first impression of the Battlefield Coin Show in Gettysburg, that they make a family event of this. On the F.U.N. in Florida they arrange especially for the younger collectors Events, which is good to catch up with the new generation of collectors.
    The WMF is quite big :), I prefer the smaller ones - but to see bigger fairs once in a while is exciting too... A good mix is the middle
    Cheers Sarah

Seattlite86 and paddyman98 like this.
  8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I'll be taking the train to the convention center and maybe the Reading Terminal for lunch.

ma-shops and paddyman98 like this.
  9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Well, I made my reservations.
    Coming in Wed afternoon, leaving Saturday probably about noon.
    BHNC on Thursday AM meeting.

ma-shops likes this.
  10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Lets start a thread, since I can't find one:

Roll call for the convention

11. lordmarcovan

I haven't lost interest in the hobby, but my work schedule and travel budget (i.e., lack thereof) do mostly preclude my participation in shows these days. I live in an area where there aren't many dealers or shows within 100+ miles, so I just don't get out much.

ma-shops likes this.
  12. ma-shops

Sounds familiar to me - just now I have almost no time for "hobbies", but I think that is my problem. We should say more often "NO", to make room for more time off... But work and money are a good reason, why you cannot often visit such events... understandable. But when you finally can make it to a show it's even more fun! In which area do you live (sorry for that question - if you don't wanna answer that :sorry:)

13. lordmarcovan

I am in SE coastal Georgia (The Golden Isles). Live in the rural outskirts of Brunswick, Glynn County. Work on St. Simons Island.

14. iontyre

iontyre Active Member

We are in ALL HANDS ON DECK at work (a community college, fall enrollment period) so I can't get to Philly except for Saturday. I'm guessing since admission is free that day that lots of dealers have probably left by then. Probably not worth the hour drive from northeast of Baltimore.

Draft saved Draft deleted