Updated my circulated folders today

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by phankins11, Apr 26, 2015.

1. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

Lincolns - I have more piles of LWCs to go through but for now here they are...oh and I have 2014 P and D, and now a 2015 P...just no holes for them.
    DSC_0011248407125.JPG

Jefferson
    DSC_0012-1412856145.JPG

Roosevelts - no idea why I can't find the 2013 D, but it's still eluding me...68 I have in unc, bu I refuse to resort to that...gotta have an accuse to look through change :)
    DSC_00101733604437.JPG

State and Territories quarters - complete
    DSC_0013-1544531308.JPG

dwhiz, Kirkuleez, gronnh20 and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

Time to step it up on those early Wheats!
    ...Oh, wait. Are these all circulation finds?

4. phankins11

All but the wheats, are. I get a wheat or two every once in a while but certainly not enough to fill those holes.

coinman1234 likes this.
  5. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

Looks great how are you comeing along with the ATB series ?

6. phankins11

the ATB series came out after I got really serious about collecting, so I've purchased (cheated) uncs for the ATB series, haven't put them in the album yet tho. I really like the ATB series tho, way better than the states. The common frame of the reverse and the incused lettering I think make the series look classy. I can't wait to put them in the album.

Now we are doing a circulated folder for my son, and we've been able to fill some holes, but I told him today that we need to do some roll hunting.

7. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I feel nostalgic when I see these folders with nice circulated coins in them. I think that we all started out this way and loved it for the sake of collecting, but somewhere many of us forgot about this and spend out time seeking out a single coin for months. I think I'm going to grab a few old sacks of nickels that I have and assemble a folder with my son this weekend.

phankins11 likes this.
  8. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

I want to do a Dansco set of modern silver quarters. All the states, parks, territories, ATBs, etc.

phankins11 likes this.
  9. phankins11

I almost got rid of my folders about a year ago, but I decided to hang on to them. Glad I did. Your absolutely right, and it's fun still to get that satisfaction of finding the current year's coins or that 68 d that's still eluding me.

Another thing I think about is how stoked I get when some one tells me they have a folder of indians, or that flutter in the pit of your stomach when you find a folder of wheats stashed in a box of junk that someone's grandfather gave them and they didn't think it was worth anything...you know what I mean... Some day these will have that affect on someone, it will be like finding treasure to them.

Draft saved Draft deleted