Updated method to track bullion and purchases. Autoupdate from Kitco!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by RhinoEmpire, Jan 23, 2014.

1. RhinoEmpire

RhinoEmpire Hi-Yo (Ag)

Hi Gang, I added this to an old thread on the bullion page, but wanted to share this with you too. I created a tool using MS Excel to track gold/silver bullion and your purchases. CoinTalk does not allow Excel files to be uploaded to their site, so it's being hosted on megafileuplad.com. To use the tool, enter the quantities of the coins or bullion you have and the spreadsheet will keep track of the value of your portfolio. If you enable the autoupdate feature and have an internet connection, then your spreadsheets will update with live prices for Silver and Gold from Kitco. You can easily modify the spreadsheet to suit your own needs. If I get feedback I may send an update in the future.

Here is the link to download
    http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/492250/MyPrecious-CoinTalk---Copy-xls.html

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. vlaha

vlaha Respect. The. Hat.

That's cool, thanks for sharing!

4. RhinoEmpire

RhinoEmpire Hi-Yo (Ag)

You bet! I put a ton of work into it, so I hope its loved by many.

5. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Looks good. I am little nervous about the data connections, but this could easily be converted to an "offline" spreadsheet where [=silverbidprice], [=goldbidprice], etc could be manually updated as the user sees fit.

Great work, I have previously build something similar for my own small bullion collection, but your's goes beyond mine, so I'll keep it handy for reference.

6. jmon

jmon Numismatist In Training

Nice workbook. I did notice that three cent silver's, silver war nickel's and half disme's are missing.

Draft saved Draft deleted