Update on the P Mint Silver Eagles

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by baseball21, Jun 30, 2017.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

So how do you tell apart any coins that were already slabbed as being (P) mint if they were infact misidentified based off the original mint info with nothing on the label indicating which box they originated from? Lol

4. baseball21

I don't know what the initial requirements were from any of the TPGs, but their systems should be able look up submissions and what cert numbers they generated if they wanted to double check them.

5. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Just playing devils advocate but would they even have kept that info? Or now that it's possible that some that were slabbed 'P' are in fact not, I wonder what's going to happen now regarding buy back which I think will not be offered but instead they'll offer a free re-slabbing which I think does little to help those who paid $600 for one of these unmarked 'P' mint ASEs

6. baseball21

The certs to submission would always stay in their computer and internal notes. There's been a couple times I've seen threads where a very old graded gold coin had puddy turn and they said they would be contacting the initial submitter.

If that did happen I would assume the proper chain of events would be refund from seller to buyer then free regrade with the right label. I may be remembering the wrong date but I believe HSN had the bulk of what had survived which went to ANACS from what they said on the show

7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Whew! My box, since opened, was hand written but the number indicates WP tuber #2. I would have been so bummed if it was the Philly code!

8. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

Oh look! More variables to add to the slab labels! We can now break down rarity by which robot put the coins in the tube!

9. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

The tpgs have slated that for 2050

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

No mint mark, no provenance..........Yody freakin' Ho..........

Draft saved Draft deleted