Upcoming Kunker Auction

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by panzerman, Mar 17, 2020.

1. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

Wow, 10+ times the estimate. That's pretty wild.

I'll be honest, it's not a coin that appeals to me at all either. But everyone has their own tastes.

panzerman and Seattlite86 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Maybe the "Tyrant" collection guy bought it. He seems to buy all the top stuff.

4. PaulTudor

PaulTudor Well-Known Member

Congrats on this great taler!I must say that i once had the chance of holding in my hands a 4 taler piece of this type and it was just wow!Looking forward to your post when the coin arrives as i'm a big fan of Gustav, Albrecht W and the 30 years war in general!

Eduard and Seattlite86 like this.
  5. PaulTudor

@Seattlite86 I'm curious if Kunker shipped your coin as i won a lot at a previous german auction(13 march), Gorny&Mosch one, and told to be patient and i find it really hard:(

svessien, Seattlite86 and panzerman like this.
  6. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I forgot to notify my credit card company, so payment just went through today, after some calls. I'll let you know when it's shipped.

PaulTudor likes this.
  7. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

I've got something nice coming from the last Kuenker auction as well. Will post it when it arrives. Had to overpay a little, but overall, I'm happy.

Seattlite86, panzerman and PaulTudor like this.
  8. Seattlite86

Künker confirmed payment went through, but did not suggest when shipping would occur. I'm going to just try to "forget" about the coin for a couple weeks.

panzerman likes this.
  9. panzerman

I do not mind waiting a little. I usually hoard all my wins from US auctions for a year or so, then have them sent all at once to American relatives. Who in turn bring them up when visiting here.;)

Seattlite86 likes this.
  10. PaulTudor

@Seattlite86 Thank you!Still waiting for Gorny&Mosch to respond to my yesterday's email but it seems they can't be bothered!

Seattlite86 and panzerman like this.
  11. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

People, sit back and relax. You'll get your coins when you get them. They'll
    answer Emails as they get to them. You're not the only ones that bid
    in their auctions. Like it or not they may respond to your queries by who
    the bidder is or how much they spent. Just a fact of life. During these
    stressful times, they very well could be understaffed. So as I said, relax,
    you'll get your coins or objects in due time. Read a book or go for a walk.

12. panzerman

I took my dog for two 10K walks today:) I will be back to work in a week, my Rottie will miss his walks:(

PaulTudor and Seattlite86 like this.
  13. svessien

svessien Senior Member

I got a mail from G&M telling me my coins were shipped today, and tracking number.
    Like you, I’m looking forward to receiving them.
    Meanwhile I will follow the excellent advice above, and go for a walk.

PaulTudor, Seattlite86 and panzerman like this.
  14. Seattlite86

I just got an email saying my coin shipped today. Any news on your end?

PaulTudor likes this.
  15. PaulTudor

Got mine 10 days ago, but it was a nightmare! Had to call their office twice and my conclusion is that they forgot about posting it, i mean it took them 3 weeks to do it and that's because i decided to see what's going on, otherwise, who knows for how long i was to wait for it!Hope you'll get yours soon as i really want to see it here!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  16. Seattlite86

Mine took about 3 weeks as well. I think it's just the current coronavirus issue (at least for my end). Künker is pretty good about getting their coins out. I do hope mine looks good in hand. It should arrive ~10 days.

17. panzerman

Kunker usually look even better in hand! A Kunker "fast Stempelglaz" (about uncirculated) = slabbed MS-66/67

PaulTudor and Seattlite86 like this.
  18. Seattlite86

I bought my first Künker listed as sehr schön and it came back from NGC as AU53.

This one was listed as ss+, so I'm hoping it holds!

19. PaulTudor

I don't know how fast is DHL these days, as this is how Kunker always shipped my coins, but the post is really slow, of course they're doing their best considering the whole covid situation! Grade wise, i agree, a VF+ it's AU or above most of the times, in Kunker's case!

Seattlite86 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted