Unwanted coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Clad the Impaler, May 3, 2015.

1. Hi everyone. I am moving at the end of this month. I have a fairly large amount of wheats, world coins, and Canadian .999 Ni and .980 Cu coins that I don't want.

Any idea what I should do with them? Most (but not all) of the wheats are dug coins found with a metal detector. No key dates (I searched 'em already ;) ) and no pm coins.

These might be useful for someone who collects these types of coins, or for base metal hoarders.

All ideas are welcome. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

Bury 'em.. for the next metal detecting enthusiast.

green18 likes this.
  4. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Having the ability to PM you would be the first step in asking about what you have... (it's turned off)

5. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

So here's an idea. Why not take a couple of pics of them and sell them auction style right here. Or take a couple of pics so we can see what their worth.

6. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

Put it all up on ebay,

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

OP and others. Do not initiate any deals from this thread as it is NOT in any advertising subforums and it is not within the rules here. I would have deleted it , except the OP did not mention any specifics. I did remove posts mentioning PM which seemed suspiciously like initiating. We have advertising forums, use them.

8. Oops!!! Sorry about that. Thanks for the notification. I was unaware threads such as this had to be posted in the advertising forum. Won't happen again.

9. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

If it is common date low grade stuff take them to a local coin shop, maybe you can swap them in for something you like.

10. loopytoad74

loopytoad74 Active Member

How about some kinda coin competition?
    You have the winning prize already,you just need a winning prize question.
    (My apologise if I broke any rules by suggesting that).just a thought.[emoji2]

11. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

Find a collector or two who has grandchildren...and get them started on learning some history. Probably more than they will learn in school.

12. OdedPaz

OdedPaz Elongated Designer&Roller

Hey, who are you referring to when you write "OP"?!?

I am the only O.P. here...!!!

coinzip likes this.
  13. Thanks for your replies everyone. The coins were mailed today to someone who wanted them and they are no longer available.

14. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

You are O.P. not OP.

coinzip and OdedPaz like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted