Unsearched Sealed Morgan Rolls (lol)

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by HowardStern, Jan 6, 2016.

1. HowardStern

HowardStern Member

Has anybody here ever purchased a legit unsearched, sealed roll of morgans? I have seen a few online sellers offering them for about the past year now. It seems there is a never ending supply of them now. I look at feedback left and I have yet to find a happy customer. As much as I may want to believe, I know it's fraud. Most have crescent toners on one end and "burnt" edges to make them seem old. For all the fake unsearched rolls being offered for sale online, the morgan rolls are the funniest.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You know what P. T. Barnum said, don't you?

Chris

4. Garrett Haag

Garrett Haag Active Member

Closest I came was buying one off a bank teller for melt.

swamp yankee likes this.
  5. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Hey Now... They are guaranteed to be unsearched from the time the seller put them into the rolls. ;)

6. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

The most I'd be willing to pay is the cull Morgan price (around $20 per coin or so) and even then I'd be very leery.

Several months ago there was a guy who bought a roll of "unsearched toned Morgans" for several thousand dollars and got skunked. I don't remember the title of the thread but it was sad to read.

Edit: I found the thread. Here it is for everyone's reading enjoyment:
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/the-morgan-roll-guy-how-does-he-get-the-toning.264856/

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  7. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

No, because Morgans were done being minted before coin rolls were invented. :)

8. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

Fung-Chow Coin & Noodle Co. will make all the Morgans you want and wrap them too.I remember seeing the way they used to come to the bank back when I was a kid, in the 50's CANVAS BAGS period.....

9. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

I remember this like it was yesterday.... really felt bad for the guy.

10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I come across a roll of Morgans. I don't even bother to see what's in it before I sell it, right?

Mrs. Santinidollar raised an ugly son, but not a stupid one....:woot:

11. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

I believe they do exist but are extremely rare. I believe lostdutchman (our coin dealer here) had a customer that brought in an original mint roll to his store many years ago.

12. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Where has he been?

13. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

I don't think P.T. Barnum actually said that, but it's a true phrase.

14. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Draft saved Draft deleted