Unknown Masonic Token

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Oddnumistics, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Oddnumistics

Oddnumistics Member

Good morning my fellow coin collecting people's. Today I have a puzzling one for you. Recently won this through an auction. Seller didn't really know much about it but mystery coins kinda intrigue me. But I wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it. So take a look! I took two photos just in case. There is absolutely nothing on the reverse.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

My best guess would be that it's a Masonic penny of some sort. You probably won't get a definitive ID with that much wear, though.

4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

could be a pop out coin with a masonic sign with a lot of circulation.

5. 2Old

2Old Active Member

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

my guess is a token

7. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Possibly a British token.

Looks slightly familiar

9. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Masonic temples almost always have a member that is a historian of some sort that can assist. Contact your local one and see if someone might be able to help out. I've received assistance a couple times on things from my grandfather.

In the old days, lots of Masons used to carry around membership tokens. I ended up with one from the 50's at an auction - ironically from the same temple that my grandfather was a part of back in the 30's/40's. The local lodge helped me figure them out - kinda neat history lesson.

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. Oddnumistics

Oddnumistics Member

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and ideas. I will check the token catalog first. I have it bookmarked just in case. But I like the idea of checking out the nearest lodge. Might be fun to see what they say.

11. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

It appears to be a generic "Masonic Penny", and too worn to tell anything about it.

:)
    :)

BRandM likes this.
  12. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I agree with willieboyd.

Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted