Unknown coin

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by rubelj, Jul 9, 2010.

1. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Basically I agree; problem is, I don't really know the "background" and how this campaign worked. Yes, I know the Bakker company - they sell flowers/plants in several countries around here. Mail order only, but in that "field" they are the biggest player in Europe. This token I have never actually seen, so what I know about it I found online. Maybe they never expected the pieces to end up in the hands of (apparently quite a few) collectors? Ah well, a mystery. ;)

Christian

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Yes. I found a 5c token once while remodeling an older house. It said 5c, Stoup's Billiards, San Jacinto, Ca. My brother-in-law lives in Hemet, CA adjacent to the town of San Jacinto. I had him check with the city hall and historical society. It seems I may have the only known historical piece of evidence that a billiard parlor was ever in San Jacinto. AND, no one cares a fig. LOL Man, I sure wish ol Stoup would have put the date on it. Funny how the meaningless junk pops up from time to time.

gary

4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

At least in that case you knew who issued the piece. :)

Christian

5. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Bonjour ! Zen, Ceci peut vous aider à communiquer mieux avec le conseil. Allez à un programme de traitement de texte et écrivez ce que vous voulez dire en français. Alors ouvrez un programme appelé Babel.com et cliquez sur dessus l'anglais. Le programme traduira à n'importe quelle langue que vous voulez.

Dave

6. CoinKeeper

CoinKeeper Keeper of Coins

Ou tu peut aussi utiliser google translate.

7. matko97

matko97 New Member

Im from slovenia too and I have the same coin.

8. Borderslassuk

Borderslassuk New Member

Hi, found this coin in a drawer couldn't remember how I got it until I found this site. I buy plants/bulbs etc online from a company called Spaldings, they sent this coin to me as part of a promotion to win a prize, they send out lots of gimmicks like that. I live in Scotland.
    Hope this answers the query, must be manufactured to be used by various flower sellers as a promotions gimmick.

9. jobz888

jobz888 New Member

Gary, hi. i'm in hemet and never heard of stroups. i also googled it and nothing. but sounds like a great token. there is an old part of san jacinto i am at daily actually and some of the houses were built in the early 1900's and there's main street, so it was probably there a long time ago. some old wild west looking ex-bars on that street, one of them could have been Stoup's..
    robert

10. kolyan760

kolyan760 Well-Known Member

Hello, your coin is a token and not a gold coin this is from the Netherlands with the tulips and humming birds it is a commemorative coin celebrating 65 years that is where the 65,000,00 comes from I do not know who had it made or for what event but it has no real value

11. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Well, this is an old topic, and the "problem" has been solved a while ago. :) The token was issued by Bakker (a mail order store for flowers etc.) to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the company ...

Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted