United States Philippines Coins Are Hot Baby

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by The Abomidable panda, Sep 22, 2021.

1. The Philippine Islands became a United States territory after the Spanish American war.

USPI coins are on fire lately prices have been quadrupling in the last year or two.

The pesos in particular have been jumping in price.

The United States pesos from 1903-1912 is a challenging set to complete in high grades.

Do you own any pesos in your collection? I have them all except the 1906s. I am also missing the 1905 and 1906 proofs.

The photo below isn’t mine but in case you aren’t familiar with the series, see the coins below!

Attached Files:

onecenter, Wizank, alurid and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hello and Welcome . Can I recommend something ? After Downloading, click Full Image . Makes it easier tho view your Pics. ;)

spirityoda likes this.
  4. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I was working on a Philippines set a few years ago. I have most if not all of the centavos, five centavos, ten centavos and twenty centavos. Some but fewer of the 50 centavos and only one or two pesos. I don't have photos of most but I have these two. 1907 s philippines 1 peso.jpg 1908 s philippines 1 peso1.jpg

Wizank, alurid, SensibleSal66 and 3 others like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I love Fil-American coinage. I like the earlier "eagle on shield" design more than the later one from the Commonwealth era.

At the moment, I own a Mint State 50-centavos piece in my personal collection, and two circulated pesos in my sell-swap-giveaway inventory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

[​IMG]
    Wow that is a beauty.

7. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Not a terribly expensive piece. $80-ish, as I recall. Already slabbed. It is softly struck in places but that is compensated for by the luster.

I’d love a proof peso, but they don’t come cheap.

spirityoda likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted