Undocumented 2015 d Saratoga Quarter

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MeowtheKitty, Dec 10, 2018.

1. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow has just found another undocumented Double Die in a 2015 d mint Saratoga Quarter. WIN_20181210_14_30_59_Pro.jpg WIN_20181210_14_28_38_Pro.jpg WIN_20181210_14_29_10_Pro.jpg WIN_20181210_14_29_18_Pro.jpg WIN_20181210_14_27_44_Pro.jpg WIN_20181210_14_30_02_Pro.jpg Saratoga quarter.

TyCobb and SlipperySocks like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SlipperySocks

SlipperySocks Well-Known Member

I see it. I gave up looking for those a while ago because there were so many others to find. I still do not have an example of my own.

4. MeowtheKitty

What do you think of Meow's thread on the two d mint Blue Ridge Parkway Quarters Double dies? You think those might be legit too? As far as Meow knows d mint double dies of this, and that quarter (If legit) are undocumented. As most quarter double dies are p mints. Meow was also under the impression that double dies of this quarter where not so common. The 2013 Rushmore, and 2015 Homestead in p mint are the really easy ones. So many, its hard to find its Wexler number. The last Homestead Meow found turned out to be WDDR-159. Out of the list or nearly 200 it too a while before Meow found a match.

5. SlipperySocks

20171218_145401.jpg I have not seen the post on the parkway quarters. My favorite Homestead variety is the "leaky bucket". Here are a few of the quarters I have found.

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

7. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Send it off to whoever is still attributing and pay a few bucks for confirmation. If an, ahem, "undocumented" variety it'll only help you to achieve the attention you so desperately seek. Good luck.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

These types of errors are minor to me. I want to see real, good old fashioned errors.

9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Then maybe they will CATalog it ;)

frankjg likes this.
  10. MeowtheKitty

What does the leaky bucket look like up close? Meow has not ever heard of that variety. Could you show us a close up of one?

11. SlipperySocks

I will try to once I return home this evening. The pictures above are horrible.

12. MeowtheKitty

Thanks. And feel free to post any other errors or doubled dies you have that may be found CRH. It may help Meow find one like it someday.
    The Cud is nice. Meow only found one so far. It was on a 1985 penny.

13. SlipperySocks

20181119_194632-1.jpg Also keep an eye out for an over polished die like this one where part of his throat is missing and on more extreme coins part of his ponytail/ribbon is missing. 20181002_151917-1.jpg Check all your edges for "misaligned collar strikes" I think is the official name. Connecticut clash.jpeg Keep your eyes peeled for this clash that a member here recently discovered. The line of his throat in the tree is the best marker for it. 20180503_102322-1.jpg Leaky bucket is a die chip that makes it look like water spilled out.

The Colorado Cud is a known one and I have found 2 of them!
    There are several more like the 2008 "cactus leaf" that I would have to look up but several of them I learned about via JBCOINSINC on youtube. Search his name and browse his videos. I took notes of which ones I was interested in looking for. He was the first to feature the spitting horse when it was discovered. He is pretty up to speed on the newer, minor varieties like these. Enjoy!

14. MeowtheKitty

Thank you for the images. Meow has found a Nickel with an over polished die before. It was missing Jefferson's whole neck, and a lot of his ponytail. And a die clashed dime. Meow did not know about errors involving the edge existed. Meow will keep an eye out for those. That Homestead is nice error. Meow hopes to find one like it one day. Thanks again for showing us your coins.

15. MeowtheKitty

Hello again. Meow's quarter CRH for the day has resulted in a find that you described to Meow in your post. Meow thinks Meow has found the spitting horse die crack variation. Also a VERY hard to see and photograph p mint Harper's Ferry doubled die quarter. WIN_20181214_15_08_04_Pro.jpg WIN_20181214_15_08_33_Pro.jpg WIN_20181214_15_15_36_Pro.jpg

SlipperySocks likes this.
  16. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

I wish they wouldn't of put the 1958 DDO Lincoln on the cover of a coin world mag !!
    Im looking for that one- i hope to find a whole roll someday

17. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

@MeowtheKitty keep at it, you might actually get some real nice errors sometime (ones that more people find more mainstream as far as collectibility in errors) Though die cracks and cuds are neat, keep looking for those. I personally don't care for the minor spitting eagle type die cracks, but that's my personal preference. I do like your pictures for the most part and you do very well at showing the coin in close ups.

MeowtheKitty likes this.
  18. SlipperySocks

19. MeowtheKitty

Thank you. Are another orange Kitty that loves coins too? Meow loves CRH, and does at least a few rolls everyday. Finding anything cool to add to add to the Cat hoard makes Meow so happy. And Meow loves to share the findings as long as the reception here can be respectful and pleasant.

20. MeowtheKitty

Oh, so Meow was just thinking about what mainstream errors Meow might have found. The only things Meow may have like that for now is a 2000p WAM penny, and also a few RPM ones. Like a 1960 d/d rpm-001, and a couple of 1968 d/d ones.

21. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

A WAM is a very good find. I found one once and it was a MS62. I have purchased a few high grade 1995 doubled die cents in the last number of years because I think they will appreciate in value.

And no, I am a person, not a cat.

Draft saved Draft deleted