Understanding NGC submissions

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by midtncoin, May 14, 2018.

1. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

You will need a Submitter Number that you can get from the ANA. This submitter number lets you avoid "signing up with" NGC and paying their membership fee, if I understand it correctly.

You can get your NGC Submitter Number by getting your ANA number and printing out this form and returning it to CCG (NGC): https://www.ngccoin.com/resources/pdf/ana-application.pdf?cb=17-10-17

This is what I did when I recently submitted my coins at a show.

I should create a video or webpage about HOW to submit coins with NGC, because the process is VERY confusing to the uninitiated.

For example, I wanted to have "Metallurgical Analysis" done on two of my coins (an NGC service listed at their website), however, when you look at their submission forms, both online (which looks extremely antiquated, btw) as well the paper and PDF versions, you'll see that there is NO space to write or tick a box for this service. When I submitted at the show, they just hand-wrote "Metallurgical Analysis on these two coins" in the margins next to the coins!!

Long story short, you just have to have submitted coins before to know what the hell to do... at least I did.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

I submitted 19 coins to NGC for the first time recently......it was easy and straight forward. Now the hard part is waiting for the grades! I sent some foreign coins, they aren't that expensive but the country that I collect, you won't find very many slabbed coins so I decided to increase the population some more hahah.

Draft saved Draft deleted