Uncut sheets.....bargain or fake/copies?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by marbury518, Jul 26, 2021.

1. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

They guarantee authenticity, so if proved to be otherwise....logic would dictate so.....but that conversation will be had over the phone prior to payment.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Well I bought a group of coins and a list of detailed specifics on some banknotes. The auction house (Summergills) posted photos of the coins but only a written list of the notes. Box arrived this morning and NO BANKNOTES at all. I complained and they said, the vendor decided to keep the notes but the auction house left the list of notes on their online catalogue....without mentioning anything. i rang them before the box arrived and told them to protect the notes from the coins so they don't get damaged and they still never came clean and said there were no notes in the lot. Anyway....they just said I could pack up the box and pay for shipping to return it...I gave up and said I would never buy from them again......

UncleScroge likes this.
  4. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Spoke to the auction house and if PMG reject them.......they are happy to issue a full refund less shipping.

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I’m confused. I thought yesterday you said you didn’t get the sheets.

NOS likes this.
  6. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Update.....despite Thriftiques assurances, all 3 uncut sheet were assessed as FAKE by PMG. With grading fees and shipping.....I am considerably out of pocket. No apology from the auction house and on the phone, they really couldn't care less!

Stevearino likes this.
  7. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Dang. I hit Like not because I liked the message, but because you followed up on this. So, what's next?

Steve

8. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Well....$90 losses in grading fees..........and about 70 bucks in shipping.......should get my auction payment back.......less shipping, which they will not refund me on. I imagine I'd get my money back end of Oct Nov......so pretty annoyed.

Stevearino likes this.
  9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I think that auction house deserves some unkind words and hope it spreads enough to either make them stand behind their listings or get out of the business. I wouldn't do business with them based upon your experiences.

Stevearino likes this.
  10. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

(Sgt. Joe Friday) the facts mr.Q, just the facts....

Mr.Q likes this.
  11. Revello

Revello Well-Known Member

If I could, I'd give you a hundred "Likes" for that word of advice. I've learned the hard way to not bid on items that I don't fully understand or know about. I repeat that mantra when I enter into an auction.

Stevearino and yakpoo like this.
  12. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I would be challenging that outcome with a dispute to the credit card company. There's no reason you should be out so much as 1¢ for a fraudulent sale of advertised guaranteed authentic documents when verified as counterfeit. The auction house admitted they are counterfeit when they offered you the partial refund. The credit card company will back charge the auction house and force them to explain the situation to get the funds. If they win you're out no more than you are now. If you win then you truly win. Either way you can make them work to get the funds.

I'm guessing you won't be ruining a relationship with that auction house because of a dispute. I know I wouldn't be doing business with them hence forth anyway.

Stevearino likes this.
  13. masterswimmer

Oh, one more piece of advice. You should be disputing the charges to the third party grader through the auction house. The auction house should be refunding those charges as well as all shipping and insurance to and from the TPG.

Stevearino likes this.
  14. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Auction house said if I lie and offer a better review they would pay my shipping.

NOS and Stevearino like this.
  15. masterswimmer

Did they say that in writing or verbally?
    If it's in writing that's all the evidence you need for your credit card company to reverse the charges.

Stevearino likes this.
  16. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

They said it in writing via e-mail.......but as I paid the auction house one transaction and PMG another transaction.....I imagine I will still be out of pocket.

Stevearino likes this.
  17. AustinJ0324

AustinJ0324 Well-Known Member

I feel for you dude. Nobody likes being out money. Unfortunately though, I would still charge also if I were those companies because they need to have a deterrent for people who submit fake items.

18. masterswimmer

Are you referring to them offering to refund the shipping to them or to the TPG?

19. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

They have not offered grading fees or shipping that refers to PMG.......so just shipping they charged me.

20. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Having sent them my official PMG grading report.....I wonder why they want the fake notes back before I get any refund. Possible that another unsuspecting buyer with get the same notes.

21. lettow

lettow Senior Member

So they can return them to the consignor who they belong to.

Stevearino likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted