Uncut sheet $ 2 star notes

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by petronius, Nov 21, 2012.

1. petronius

petronius Duke

I need your help for an uncut sheet of 16 $2 star notes, serie 1976, printed in San Francisco.

It's not mine, but of an user of the Italian forum cartamonetaitaliana.it, and he asks, first of all, if it's genuine (I think it is) and what's it worth. He had by an American customer many years ago.

Front

2dollari foglioD.jpg

Back

2dollari foglioR.jpg

and two enlargements

2dollari foglioP.jpg

2dollari foglioP1.jpg

That's all folks, thanks for your attention :smile

petronius :cool:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

It's real. It wasn't printed in San Francisco, though. It was printed in Washington, DC for the SF branch of the Federal Reserve. I can't speak to its value, but I'm sure someone that can will post here soon.

4. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

I see that the individual star notes from the series 1976 $2 range in price from $6 in XF to $35 for a Gem 65. Now that is for a normal star note that is not in uncut sheet form. I do not collect uncut sheets, so I cannot be of more help with an actual value for your sheet beyond the individual pricing.

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

These $2 Star sheets are a staple on eBay, both in 4 and 16 note sheets. I did a little research and found two 16 note sheets recently selling for $139 and $219. Your friends sheet appears to have had considerable handling in its life. Many of the 16 note sheets are bought and cut into 4 note sheets and resold.

6. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

I paid $32.00 for a uncut sheet of 4 1976 $2 star notes, Boston district. I got a good deal and would put the value of the sheet of 4 at about $50.00 in uncirculated condition, based on other auctions I have seen.

I believe that SF is at least as common as Boston. Assuming a sheet of 16 is 4 times the value, that would put it at $200 in the same condition. Whatever premium there might be for a larger sheet is probably nullified by the savings per note due to the higher quantity.

So my estimate would be ~$200 in crisp uncirculated. Your sheet would probably not exceed XF. So I revise the value to about $100.

7. petronius

petronius Duke

Thank you guys :smile

petronius :cool:

Draft saved Draft deleted