Uncirculated Quarter Rolls from 1999-present

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by bradgator2, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Find the coin of your dreams and pay for it with the quarters, that way, your dad bought you the coin.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FarmerBill

FarmerBill Member

I like this idea a lot. Create some albums to give your extended family and kids of friends. Another thing I do with some of my more common stuff is to assemble a small coin collection to take to the three or four benefits a year i am asked to attend . They usually raffle/auction the stuff off and the coins always do incredibly well. A set of those quarters would be perfect for that. After they are all gone you'll feel so good about yourself you won't have any trouble coughing up 3 grand for that 89 cc.

TexAg likes this.
  4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

The first few rolls couldn't have been bought directly from the mint, at least not as rolls. The mint didn't start selling rolls until Virginia in 2000. They did sell $25 bags starting with DE. (At one point those unopened DE P mint bags briefly reached $1000 a bag. Crazy.)

5. bradgator2

bradgator2 Well-Known Member

I didnt mean to imply that. The 99-09 State quarters are all in plastic tubes. But definitely very uncirculated. Then at some point they are in bank rolls. Then at some point they are in mint rolls.

I think where I am at (currently) is buy 2 nice Whitman Statehood 99-09 albums for roughly $20 each and end up with 2 really nice uncirculated sets. Simply deposit the rest at the bank. That would be a $950 deposit.

I think I *might* be able to squeeze out a few extra bucks on the rolls from the mint. Everywhere I look, those are selling for $23-$25 each. Certainly there is room in the middle.

6. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

You can buy blank quarter albums for much less. (Still the blue Whitman).
    The coins will tone after a while in those albums.
    They look great in the albums but the coins will be more preserved where they are now.

7. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

What year quarters do you still have in original Mint rolls or bags?

Before you start cashing out your coins you might want to take a look at what you have and don't have. Do you have any 2005 quarters in original Mint packaging? Not annual mint set packaging, but, bags or rolls? The rolls you saw for sale, what year were they? And mintmark?

Do you have any 2010 ATB quarters in bags or rolls from the mint? I would do my due diligence on what coins you have before you go sticking them in the coinstar machine. While, most people that have been collecting for a long time give you sound advice. Coins stopped being made in 1964 for a lot of them. All coins after 1964, except for the almighty 40%er exception for Kennedy, are worth face value only. The preached mantra of collect what you like, except clad coins is that mumbled part at the end of the phrase. Are clad coins common? They are until they aren't.

tibor and bradgator2 like this.
  8. bradgator2

I really appreciate the comment. When it comes to stuff like this, I will over analyze it for months on end. There is no harm in where they are and certainly cant lose more than face value... so zero rush one way or the other.

I have nothing in Mint bags. And no State quarters in mint rolls. The mint rolls start with the ATB series.

Because of this thread, I did peak inside some of the State plastic rolls last night. All the top coins facing up (all reverses) and resting up against that plastic have turned a shockingly pretty and uniform gold color. I'll take some pics this evening.

9. iontyre

iontyre Active Member

You should check the coins in the 2004 Wisconsin D mint roll for the two extra leaf varieties.

bradgator2 likes this.
  10. bradgator2

Thank you. I just started attempting to research if there could be some fun oddities that I should look out for. Is there a good list anywhere? I got sucked into reading the doubleddie.com website for the last few hours. Wow what a website, my brain hurts a little.

11. bradgator2

Alright, went through all the state rolls looking for some of the published oddities. Didnt find anything interesting.

So I bought 2 Intercept Shield albums to fill and then I’ll just deposit the rest. First time I have held one of these albums.... pretty neat.

I havent decided what to do yet with the ATB rolls.
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted