Uncirculated coin set

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by fish4uinmd, May 17, 2017.

1. HawkeEye

HawkeEye 1881-O VAMmer

Do we know this to be true when you look across all proof coins? I know for quite a while there were sets like the First Spouse and Commemoratives that make purchasing regular proofs difficult for most of us. Several years ago if you were a gold proof collector you would have needed a Gold Buffalo and perhaps a Reverse Proof, a Gold Eagle and perhaps a Reverse Proof, 4 Gold Spouse, and several Commemoratives just to keep up. That is a lot more than lunch money. Then there are ASE and Commemorative Silver, and normal proof sets.

But when you add up all proofs being sold are they really going down?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Yup, still, even when you add them all up.

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Because they will be able to sell them.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

Especially at first. The "out years" will be the acid test, as usual.

6. HawkeEye

HawkeEye 1881-O VAMmer

I believe the reverse proof became popular in other countries first, perhaps England or Canada. It was a way to demonstrate minting skill and artistic skill. I believe that they will continue to be an attractive addition to each series so long as they don't overdo them. In the gold arena a reverse proof every year would begin to tax pocketbooks to the limit for many collectors.

7. V. Kurt Bellman

The plan is the same coins as the existing set - cent through dollar coin.

8. HawkeEye

HawkeEye 1881-O VAMmer

9. hic

hic Member

hey - by nature of being married, you ARE wrong....ALWAYS....just ask MY wife...(smile)

10. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

If a man says something in the woods, and his wife isn't there to hear him, is he still wrong?

11. V. Kurt Bellman

Sooo. Michael, my man, seems we're getting a reverse proof set AND an enhanced uncirc. set too. Ain't 2017 grand?

mikenoodle likes this.
  12. hic

hic Member

irrespective of the proximity of one's wife to oneself - if he's married - his wife not only HEARS all...but KNOWS all! (smile)

mikenoodle likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted