Uncirculated 2019 D pennies

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Matthew Kruse, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

When I get circulated pennies at the bank sometimes I don’t notice that some boxes are uncirculated. All of those boxes accumulated from the past year, and now I have $75 worth! I never returned them to the bank because I know some people look through them for errors. Well I’m not the best at finding error coins, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about this... Are there any obvious errors that would show up in these rolls? What equipment do you need to see the errors? Should I just bring em in to a bank or spend them? Please just tell me what you think below.;) 3A190B43-70B2-4E70-9106-900E3AF6EAF0.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Pay your Property Tax with them!

4. Matthew Kruse

I’m 14. Haha

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Look for things like off-center strikes, brockages or any other error that doesn't require you to look at it with a magnification device. ~ Chris

6. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Trade a roll for another roll that you might want. Then return the rest...when banks are taking coinage back.

7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Off centers, struck through die caps, large clashes, blank planchets. That's all I bother searching solid new boxes for.

Danomite and Matthew Kruse like this.
  8. furryfrog02

Since when are banks not taking coin?

9. Matthew Kruse

Thank you everyone

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Just take them back to the bank, when they reopen.

Kevin Mader likes this.
  11. furryfrog02

Is your bank closed? Mine isn't...yet...went to pick up my weekly order today since I didn't want to leave them stuck with it should they close. They had the doors locked and were only letting 1 person in at a time when another person left. Was very odd/surreal.

Kevin Mader likes this.
  12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

God Love ya Matt..... rofl.gif rofl.gif

Matthew Kruse likes this.
  13. Collecting Nut

All the banks here have locked doors and are doing drive thru only. To me it's easier to spread the virus through the drive in than talking to a person. And theses a lot less you can do at the drive through. Just about everything is closed but the markets are opened, just out of most things. Makes me wonder what Americans would do in a real crisis.

Diogenes Diaz and Kevin Mader like this.
  14. Kevin Mader

Hoarding I'm afraid.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  15. Collecting Nut

I had to stop by the market on my way home from a doctor's appointment. The guy in front of me at the checkout asked how much his bill was. She replied $640 and the change. He didn't bat an eye, just ran his credit card through and commented to her that in the last 2 weeks he's spent over $2500. He said he can't afford it. Lol I watched her wringing him up, 4 bags of crab legs at $25-$30 a bag, 5 to 10 of other things. I just bought what I needed, less than normal for me but they are out of everything.

16. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

You can check them for this or for what has been stated:
    http://varietyvista.com/01e LC Doubled Dies Vol 5/2019DDDO001.htm
    I found around 4 rolls of these in one box in February 2019. Haven’t seen one since. Maybe common, I don’t know. I found them with a 10x loupe. The listing shows a die crack on the reverse on the west top of the shield, I found some with none, then a progressing crack.

Matthew Kruse likes this.
  17. cpm9ball

My local Publix was running the weekly BOGO's, so I stocked up on Hungry Man dinners. ~ Chris

Danomite and furryfrog02 like this.
  18. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

Did they have any TP???

Penna_Boy likes this.
  19. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

@Matthew Kruse Grab 3 or 4 and save them. Your 14 so if your still collecting in 20 or 30 years you may have something !! Search the rest and then cash them in (after when everything going back to normal) and then get more!! Keep searching!!!

20. cpm9ball

I didn't even bother checking the paper aisle since I just bought what I needed not long ago. ~ Chris

Danomite likes this.
  21. Kevin Mader

Going broke is one thing buying what you need but buying what you want is another. Perhaps all that was left were crab legs. Let’s hope that was it.

Draft saved Draft deleted