Unbelievable find

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by thecoinlover, Jun 22, 2012.

1. thecoinlover

thecoinlover Banned

I have looked in rolls for this, and have searched through mass amount of change for it. Today, I have finally found one. What is this crazy coinlover talking about?, you may ask. I have f ound a SILVER QUARTER in change. I should have asked of they had more, but I was too excited. Wish I have a camera to show guys, but it is a worn 1948 P. So that so that is my first story after coming back. :hail:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Always nice to pluck silver out at face! WTG!

4. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

You are now ahead $ 4.60. Good for you, keep up the roll searches, they apparently pay off sometimes.

5. susannyny

susannyny Member

Nice find ... congrats!!

6. roll searcher

roll searcher coin hunter

Wow! It wasn't from the '60s ! Congrats!

7. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

NICE! A rare find indeed!

8. mill rat41

mill rat41 Member

Nice! Last time I got a silver I asked the cashier for $5 in quarters "for the laundry" - hoping for a few more, no such luck.

9. tbarreca

tbarreca Ruthless Realist

On Father's Day in 2004, I went into a local supermarket to run a bucket of pennies through the Coinstar machine. In those days, I'd buy a couple of $25 boxes of pennies every few days, searching for wheaties.

On this particular day as I was cashing them in, the machine jammed. Since such an occurrence was not infrequent, I knew exactly what to do: Find the store manager or assistant who had the key, get them to open the machine, and if necessary, help to clear the jam. I knew the innards of those beasts well enough to work on them.

But this time, the assistant manager knew exactly what to do, and it was a darn good thing, since I was immediately distracted the moment he opened the cabinet. See, those CoinStar machines have a little basket that collects everything that the coin counter kicks out, and something in there immediately caught my eye. It was something that was big, and silver.

So I kept my mouth shut long enough for the guy to clear the jam, and when he finished, I pointed down to the coin in the "rejects" basket and asked, "What's that?" So he pulls this coin out of the basket, and responds, "I don't know. It looks like it's Mexican or something."

"Oh, yeah?" I said.

To which he answers "Yeah," and then with a flick of his thumb, he spins the coin to me and says, "You can have it."

"Thanks!" I said, and got the heck out of there quickly, before he could change his mind.

The coin is a 1900 Morgan dollar that is, if I recall correctly, at least an EF and maybe an AU. Not a great date, but you couldn't beat the price. A little Father's Day gift!

Draft saved Draft deleted