unbelievable find must see!!! 1932 s ddr in change from 711!!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Michael777, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Michael777

Michael777 Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Looks grainy to me....a cast ? A Chineese copy

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I'm not seeing doubling. But nice silver find!

Paul M. and spirityoda like this.
  5. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

I’ll wait for the weight

6. Michael777

Michael777 Member

NICE SILVER FIND!?!? DO YOU KNOW THE MINTAGE ON THIS COIN AND THE CONDITION ITS IN??!? BRO THIS KEY DATE MINT MARK AND CONDITION IS A JACKPOT FIND!!!

7. Michael777

Michael777 Member

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

OK.. DON'T YELL AT ME!

I only know about Mint Errors not key dates ;)

Paddy54 likes this.
  9. Lawtoad

Lawtoad Well-Known Member

Nice find. Could be one of the coins put into circulation for the Great Coin Hunt earlier this.year or someone got into someone's collection and spent it. Yes it is a key date.

tommyc03 likes this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice find! Not seeing the Doubled Die but it is a key date and a wonderful silver find.

Paul M. and Lawtoad like this.
  11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The reason people are somewhat doubtful is that up until recently, China has produced and advertised that year and date in Silver, without 'copy' added. The urls are still there on google, but when you click they now say 'not available'. I do not see any true doubling. The mint mark and the apparent grainy surface bothers me a little, but please for you own sake , get it authenticated before selling or advertising it. best of luck, Jim

12. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

I'm with the others: grainy texture has me suspicious. Perhaps just a photo issue? I'm not thinking that's the case here as everything appears in focus. I think Jim's advice is good. Take it to an LCS and have them look at it. They will know if it's a fake or real. Fingers crossed it's the real deal.

Paul M. likes this.
  13. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

These coins are not in circulation.
    You'll have to get it checked out for authenticity.
    It is true good coins were put into circulation for the Great American Coin Hunt, but a 32-S is still unlikely. The odds of a Chinese fake far outweigh a legit 1932-S but rarer things have happened.
    If it is real, it was probably swiped by a kid from dad's collection and spent on ice cream. Good luck, I hope the results are what you want.

Paul M. and Heavymetal like this.
  14. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

If this coin is legitimate and was placed into circulation for the "Great American Coin Hunt" then this was a very selfish and ignorant thing to do. This coin could have easily been dropped and left in the street and made into gallybagger by cars or otherwise worn down, thrown away or ruined. All to the detriment of future generations.

If legitimate I would like to think it was stolen from grandpa's coin collection by a drug addict. If illegitimate it would still make for an interesting conversation piece or to fill a gap in an album for those who cannot afford a genuine example in this condition.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  15. medjoy

medjoy Active Member

16. Michael777

Michael777 Member

17. Michael777

Michael777 Member

is it a ddo?

Attached Files:

18. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

It is rather small to see much detail, But is not #1 and doesn't look like #2, or #3 either. I suspect machine doubling. Sorry. I used www.coppercoins.com, nice photos to compare. Jim

Paul M. likes this.
  19. Michael777

Michael777 Member

im sorry about the low quality pics but it is a true ddo and it is #1 i know the difference between true doubling and machine doubling i will post better pics asap

20. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

WQQW UNBELIEBLE THIS IS THE MOST AMZING ERROR IV EVER SEEN CONGRATS PLS SUBMIT TO PCGS AND U WILL BECOME MILIONAIRE

Paul M. likes this.
  21. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

If it turns out genuine that would be insane.
    I am skeptical until then.

Paul M. likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted