Unbelievable!!! Another Solid!!!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by ikandiggit, Jun 17, 2012.

1. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Just went through the cash tonight at work and voila!!! A $20 #5555555:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Nice one! Is that the Tin Woodsman on that boat?

4. ikandiggit

Could be.:rolleyes:

5. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

not to HJ your thread, but why do Mex and Can have such nice looking notes compared to USA?

6. ikandiggit

Cause we got style.:kewl::kewl::kewl:

7. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

I disagree. My question to you is, why is Mex and Can money worth so much more less? Now there's the relevant question..

8. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

U.s.a! U.s.a! U.s.a!

9. ikandiggit

Canadian currency is close to par with the U.S.. In the last year, the U.S. dollar dropped below the Canadian dollar a few times.

If we're talking collectible values, this note will bring about $800 in this condition, which isn't bad.:)

10. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Very nice! Pulling a solid from circulation - never thought it is possible. What's your other solid that you found in circulation ikandiggit?

11. krispy

krispy krispy

Hold on a minute... your question presents an oxymoron! Furthermore, you need to back this value judgement up with some examples, not just throw out another question. This insertion only sidetracks the previous "question" about what is honestly a subjective matter that each of us defines differently. Some may find certain notes more appealing while others will disagree for any number of reasons. That's just something each person has to decide for themselves. Their asking others why that is, is really more rhetorical than an inquiry expecting an explanation, because there isn't one explanation to that remark that's more right than the next on such a subjective matter like "why do Mex and Can have such nice looking notes compared to USA?"

12. krispy

krispy krispy

You really have become the king of these! WTG!

13. ikandiggit

It was a $5 solid 2's:

http://www.cointalk.com/t204861/

14. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

what?!?!

15. ikandiggit

The odds are against finding solids. Usually, they get pulled from new stacks because it's such easy money ($1,200 and up in UNC. for any denomination).

For them to get missed and get into circulation and find their way into the establishment that I work at to get plucked out by me just blows my mind! Just think of every business and every person that has cash on them across the country and yet I have found now 2 solid numbered notes, a dozen mismatched serial numbered notes and various other errors (not to mention that $10 with the inverted serial number- the only one ever reported!)

I am very aware of how lucky I am.:)

16. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

17. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

I'd like to see a pic of that one, please :)

18. ikandiggit

[​IMG]

19. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

so much more less?

what does that mean?

20. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

There's a guy who collects these solid-5s from all over the world. I can't recall whether he's on this forum or whether I ran across him elsewhere. But I'll bet he'd pay a pretty premium for this baby.

Hey, it pays to keep your eyes open! :thumb:

21. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

great pickup. that is definitely a sweet find :thumb:

Draft saved Draft deleted