Unbelievable! And the seller announces it's a fake.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by LA_Geezer, Feb 5, 2019.

1. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

They've pulled the listing.

Seattlite86 and Stevearino like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I wonder if they were bidding with fake money.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

If you want to fill a hole in an album, and don't care about getting an authentic example of the date, why not put a random date in that hole?

5. EdThelorax

EdThelorax Well-Known Member

Sometimes I do, in this case I did not. I only contact the seller if i think they do not know better. Usually I do not because it is not 100% effective. In this case the seller had 9 listed as "repros" and at least 2 other Indians (08S and 58FE) that were not marked as fake. I feel there are more, but I could not diagnose them. I am asking other friends to help with that. If anyone knows their Indians very well, I would be interested in their opinions on the rest of those listed. I do not bother reporting to Ebay through the "report item" link because of the ineffectiveness of that. All 11 were removed this morning. I have friends that have friends who can get counterfeits removed from ebay. They have to be in violation of the CCPA. https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/2754
    We have to have identifying diagnostics to prove they are fake if not disclosed.
    Like the 1908S had the wrong obverse type, the 9th feather is not in correct position in relation to AMERICA for example.

6. EdThelorax

EdThelorax Well-Known Member

Or add a coin that is marked "COPY" in compliance with the law?

7. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Those buttons work in Europe. It was almost weird at first.

8. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

9. Harpo

Harpo Missing in Action

I missed the auction but I'm guessing it was a 1909-S IHC?

10. coin roll

coin roll Active Member

BITCOINS.

wxcoin likes this.
  11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Aw, man, I thought for a minute you meant the eBay Report button worked in Europe! I was all ready to fire up my proxy... :rolleyes:

Kentucky and Seattlite86 like this.
  12. harrync

harrync Well-Known Member

I think the 'close door' does work - as long as you have the "emergency responder" key turned on. And I have read that they actually do work all the time in some countries.

Draft saved Draft deleted